April 19, 2024, 01:50:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: recording of vocals?/ wav file import  (Read 5423 times)

boogie1970

recording of vocals?/ wav file import
« on: May 08, 2006, 10:30:13 pm »
Hi there

I am thinking about getting Storm music Studio 3.0, because it looks like it could fit my needs. But i have some questions.

1. can i record vocals like singing and rap?

2. i´m not a pro, so what about import of wav files?

3. Actually i was thinking about magix music maker( because its easy to use), but this seems to be much better, because of all the different instruments. But is it easy to use for a beginner?

Thank´s

David

dirkmitt

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • http://www.dirkmittler.com/GallIndex.htm
recording of vocals?/ wav file import
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 03:15:59 am »
I'm by far not a Pro either. But I did buy Storm 3.0 , and was happy just to remake some Christmas Music with it in 2006.

I also have hopes of Importing Tracks. Specifically, I bought myself a BOSS BR-600 Multitracking Recorder. This device may one day become a Studio-On-The-Go.

But I'm also learning that to use Storm 3.0 mainly as a mixer won't work well. Using the EZTracker module to record directly into the program would have 2 drawbacks: (1) The screensaver can come on and screw things up, and (2) it limits what I could record to the sound card. So I'd also need to import .WAV files.

Yet, the only remaining sampling module which can play those long .WAV files within Storm would be the Scratch modules. Yet, using those becomes an issue in synchronizing them more than in actually creating music. I believe that I'd need to use Static Recording to Record the repositioning of each Turntable to the beginning of that Track's music. To coincide with a Bar, and with the other Turntables. Because if you can't program the starting point, the Scratch Tables just keep playing in real time.

I'm also not sure that running ? 8 ? Scratch tables at once would be practical.

So I may just have learned, that it would be best for my future projects, to do the actual mix-down of Recorded Tracks *within the BR-600* .  That way I may just end up with a small number of final Tracks to Import *into Storm* as WAV files. The Multi-Tracker with its many features becomes the real asset then, consistently with the price tags too. Considering that such equipment already has features like its own drum-beats that will help in the synchronizing.

Storm would just add the real, final music to the recorded music. I'm protecting the identity of whom I'm offering to record now. But Storm is mainly terrific in allowing existing Music to get played through its many Instruments and Effects, especially if you can get the MIDI files. And I might just be able to Wow my clients with Storm, although I already have more software which will help with that part.

Hint: I plan to use a separate program called AKOff, already purchased, which you can download off the Web but which costs some $ 30 or $ 40 ,  to clone MIDI files off the separately recorded Tracks. And then to use Storm's Piano Roll to correct the mistakes of the others.

I find myself obliged to guarantee in writing that I'll never share ANY files derived from the clients' recordings with other people. But I have yet to get the others to have a real jam session, with me as their sound guy.

But since I do warn people I'm not a pro myself, maybe you could give me and the others an update on *your* progress so far? :)

Dirk

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines