March 28, 2024, 05:37:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: ensoniq poly touch keyboards  (Read 6045 times)

asheraa

ensoniq poly touch keyboards
« on: November 01, 2003, 03:03:04 am »
I wonder if people can state what type of poly key controllers are using,
i am planning to bet a TS-10 from Ensoniq.

Marzzz

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2003, 07:25:59 am »
GeneralMusic S3

asheraa

ENSONIQ TS-10
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2003, 04:41:43 am »
Just tried the Ensoniq ts-10 with the SQ-80V using the poly (key )aftertouch !

Finally !!!    polyaftertouch is a MUST !!  why the hell current keyboard manufacturers do not include polyaftertouch on current models escapes my imagination. All I can think is that there are no musicians on those companies ! ( well, Vangelis said this 20 or so years ago ... )

Well done Arturia!  the monster sounds great !  But it only uses 15% of my CPU at any time!  I want more voices !  16 please!

www.ashera.com

HMT

Poly Key Aftertouch
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2004, 06:08:04 pm »
As a former employee of Ensoniq, I can tell you why no one wants to build poly-touch keyboards: it is simply too expensive. We at Ensoniq were the first to introduce the feature in a mid-priced keyboard ($2500 range) and the feature really ate into the profit margin. Aside from having more "moving parts" than the average channel pressure keyboard, the poly-touch keyboard was difficult to calibrate and had a rather high failure rate in production testing. Even we abandoned the poly-touch feature after a while.

RoyOrbisonCS-80

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2004, 07:51:11 am »
Hi Marzzz,

In another post you said, S2. In the above thread you have S3. Do both keyboards support Poly AT?

ROCS-80

Marzzz

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2004, 07:02:02 am »
Roy,

Both the S2 and S3 have poly AT. The S2 is 61 key, the S3 72 key. btw- I have sold my S3 awhile ago, had regrets and bought an S2. Once I found a Kurzweil MidiBoard in mint condition, I sold the S2. I know of an S3 in Oakland, CA that may be for sale. I also have an extra Kurzweil MidiBoard (I know, sounds crazy!) that is in fair cosmetic and good working condition that I would like to sell.....

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines