April 20, 2024, 06:42:55 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Origin Suggestions  (Read 5742 times)

semtek

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Origin Suggestions
« on: March 30, 2007, 01:50:26 am »
1. I love the look of the desktop version w/out synth, really excited by this.

2. The keyboard version looks, imho, not nearly as streamlined and a bit cumbersome. Portability is so important when considering a synth with a keyboard. Any chance of a 2 octave model (bit like the virus polar/indigo) which would be a bit more compact?

Either way, I'm already saving  :)

omissis

Origin Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 10:38:04 am »
Feature request:

1) let the ribbon have also a Yamaha CS style that is wherever you touch you can make it the zero

2) Redefine the CS80 model....it's weak and for sure it's based on the features (and the important lacks ) of the soft version
Max

a CS-80Vist

slammah2012

look closer.....
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 01:32:37 am »
I am not sure who knocked off my previous post so I will go again.....
I think this synth looks Awesome, and caseable.... unlike synths like the Korg Radias which is difficult to case,and find a stand for due to its hollow frame.....
Unlike the Radias, The flipup desktop on the Origin Keybd is not the entire synth, it is a control surface.....
that would be why it is thinner than the standalone rack...
the i/o's are on the keyboard portion and the psu is integral....
my hope is that the polyphonic Aftertouch that Arturia says the Origin responds to, will open up  the "option" of a polyphonic aftertouch key-bed
 so I dont need a secondary controller....currently they describe the keyboard as aftertouch, which generally means Channel Aftertouch.....
However we could be suprised  :)
.....BTW I agree with my friend about the zero point ribbon, for the CS80 portion and improvements since CS80v1.6
here is the back of the keyboard to show what I mean about the I/Os.......

semtek

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Origin Suggestions
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 02:49:32 pm »
I take your point re the housing of components in the keyboard. personally i'd prefer a 2 octave, or max 3 octave version where the control surface matches the width of the keyboard. perhaps a future update...?

slammah2012

Origin Suggestions
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 02:13:01 am »
One thing I am hoping is that there is no Muting during program change...If a midi channel is constant"channel 1" from patch to patch
a buffer should be able to carry a sustained note until the  note off command is recieved in the sound of the original patch....any note on messages
would be in the new patch sound......the only thing that changes throughout is the FX...
This is a common thing on Quadrasynths,(in program mode) and on the Ensoniq Sq80.......
Muting should also not occur when starting and stopping a sequencer via a pedal.....and a setting should be available to trigger start
 a sequencer without having to give a note on message as needs to be done on the Korg Radias.........all the muting on the Radias sucks A**.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines