March 29, 2024, 01:05:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Here's how to fix....  (Read 2740 times)

Sweep

Here's how to fix....
« on: March 23, 2007, 10:56:32 am »
This is a problem I found and how to fix it.  I thought I'd open a general topic in case I spot any more.  If there's an easy fix it's helpful to pass it on.

I'm using the MiniMgV on a PC running Windows XP.

1) Is your MiniMgV seizing up/crashing, after having worked perfectly before?  If so, have you mapped some MIDI control settings to it so you can use an external MIDI controller?

I found the MiniMgV seizing up after I'd mapped some MIDI controller settings to it using a Korg Legacy MS20 as the external controller.

Reinstalling solved the problem.  Don't be put off if you've created a lot of patches.  The reinstall left my patch banks intact exactly as they were before.  This was after removing the program in Windows.  So if you do have this problem, the reinstall only takes a couple of minutes, only has to be done once after mapping, and shouldn't affect your patch banks.

(I had no problems and the procedure seems very smooth, but obviously I can't be responsible for anyone else's patches.  You should have everything backed up anyway - it's easy enough in the MiniMgV to store them on another part of your hard drive or externally.)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines