March 28, 2024, 05:24:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Transfering Dongle License???  (Read 6281 times)

rjt

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Transfering Dongle License???
« on: May 05, 2007, 03:38:19 am »
Well, I just got my Prophet V in the mail.....very excited.  I have the Korg Digital Legacy Edition and specifically e-mailed Arturia Support to inquire whether I could put both keys on my Korg Syncrosoft Dongle.....they said "of course,  it's easy!!"

Well, when you install the Korg, the Korg folks give you a number, you enter it and the dongle gets the license key from the net.  Apparently, the license key for the Prophet V is on the second dongle....the one they sent.  I havn't read the whole manual, but according to the bit I did read.... right after you run the dongle software.....everything is supposed to work.  Well, nothing.... because of course, I have no idea how to take the key off of one and put it on the other.  

Naturally, it is Friday night and I will get to wait until I get home from work on Monday to (hopefully) get an e-mail on how to do this from Arturia.  (I visited the Syncrosoft website, but it mostly looked like advertising for their products with little support.)  

Just have to say, I love it.  :cry:  Sorry...just frustrated right now, mostly at Arturia, but frustrated.

If anyone knows a surefire way or instructions for transfering the key, please point me in the right direction.  

Thanks
Never wrestle in the mud with a pig--
You both get dirty and the pig likes it.

rjt

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 05:30:23 am »
Sorry for being so cranky...but I also got Rob Papens Predator.... he gives you a serial number, you plug it in and voila..... it works.  What a concept.  Okay, I guess I'll play with Predator this weekend and hope to hear from Arturia on Monday!!

Have a good weekend all!

JWaltman

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2007, 03:26:57 pm »
if everything got in your package for arturia, there should be a creditcard like piece of plastic in the box, the serial should be on that piece of plastic..

OpenMind

Re: Transfering Dongle License???
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2007, 06:23:02 pm »
Quote from: "rjt"
they said "of course,  it's easy!!"

It is really easy...

- Insert both dongles in your PC
- Start Syncrosofts License Control Center
... both dongles with their licenses should be visible now.
- From the menu select: Wizards / License transfer
... Now you can select the Prophet license from one dongle and transfer it to the other. :)

right after you run the dongle software.....everything is supposed to work.  Well, nothing.... because of course, I have no idea how to take the key off of one and put it on the other.

When License Control Center doesn't detect one or both dongles, try reïnstalling it with the latest version while both dongles are inserted.

Download the software at:
 http://www.syncrosoft.com/License_Control_Center-78-11.html
All Arturia synths , BRASS, Windows XP 32-bit & Windows 7 64-bit

rjt

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2007, 08:54:26 pm »
I got the credit card with the serial #...unfortunately a different system than Korg.....so the license was already on the dongle.... the serial # let me download the update, but had nothing to do with the license.

Openmind.... good job.  Thanks..... now I can play away to my hearts content.  As usual, I had to reinstall drivers etc for it to see both dongles, so your info was up to date and covered all the bases.  Thanks!!

For some reason, dongles and I just don't seem to mix!

Take care

OpenMind

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2007, 01:24:58 am »
Quote from: "rjt"
For some reason, dongles and I just don't seem to mix!

Hehehe... maybe.  :twisted: But I guess this is not your fault, but a "install bug" with some software that uses the dongle.
I suppose older Syncrosoft installers sometimes overwrite newer versions of its drivers with older ones, what causes detection problems with the newer software...

I had the same problem a while ago... and sometimes still have.
Reinstalling the latest Syncrosoft software always solves the problem :)
All Arturia synths , BRASS, Windows XP 32-bit & Windows 7 64-bit

rjt

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2007, 01:39:06 am »
I buy all my software, so kinda resent all we have to go through to get it authorizied etc.  ....but I do understand the problem.

I REALLY appreciate all the help that sites like this can give people.  Otherwise I'd have no idea what to do.  I didn't like having this on my machine and not being able to play it for 3 or 4 days!!!  

Take care

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines