April 19, 2024, 08:10:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Universal Binary for Arp 2600  (Read 17644 times)

hbadger30

Universal Binary for Arp 2600
« on: January 29, 2007, 02:45:39 pm »
Please Arturia can you get the universal binary for the Arp 2600 released? Is there a release date set? Or is it something simply won't bother with?? I hope thats not the case.

Many thanks,

Graham

mvcl

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • http://www.pictopia.com
It's been ONE YEAR. Would LOVE to hear an answer
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 05:51:00 pm »
It feels like we owners of any mac bought in the last year are being ignored. Please take care of us customers, engage our compassion: let us know when we may have an update to use our licensed 2600V software again!

poropat

Re: It's been ONE YEAR. Would LOVE to hear an answer
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007, 01:11:59 pm »
Quote from: "mvcl"
It feels like we owners of any mac bought in the last year are being ignored. Please take care of us customers, engage our compassion: let us know when we may have an update to use our licensed 2600V software again!

In fact, ARP2600V users are the most being ignored by Arturia, on PC or MAC, since it's released, we never got any update, bugs are even still inside.  :evil:
VCollection 8

jasonlee

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Universal Binary for Arp 2600
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 04:02:10 pm »
Let me add my frustration to the mix. I own EVERYTHING Arturia makes and have always been positive in my "feelings" towards the company. The lack of a 2600V UB for Intel Macs REALLY swings the pendulum to the negative side. Has there even been an official response from Arturia? How can the other VI's have a UB, and the 2600V NOT have one? Does it have anything to do with the Wayoutware version and competition that caused Arturia to perhaps sell less than it anticipated and so orphan the product?

I think Arturia had better hope not...

poropat

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007, 12:28:06 pm »
the problem it's now, they focus only on future.
I have their whole vintage VST's too, I would like to buy the
Jupiter 8V too. But I hesitate much, because once the Jupiter 8V
will be released, then they'll only consider about releasing the Origin,
and if the Jupiter 8V will be bugged, or not closed enough with original,
nothing will be done to correct it.
About the Arp 2600V, he is really the poor parent of Arturia family.
VCollection 8

mvcl

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • http://www.pictopia.com
no other ARP2600 with Macintel UBs...
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2007, 01:18:56 pm »
WayoutWare's ARP2600 VI hasn't been updated to UB either. ...very frutstrating.

jasonlee

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
ANSWER, Arturia?
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2007, 03:09:08 pm »
WHY no answer ARTURIA? THIS IS RIDICULOUSLY IRRESPONSIBLE! If this shows the kind of "customer care" you give, why would any prospective customer want to buy an Arturia Product?

poropat

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2007, 12:08:52 am »
it's just because of this I decided don't buy jupiter 8V now, too much
affraid it's with some bugs then they won't consider.

Instead I prefer to buy the wayoutware because it's a product alive.
VCollection 8

steveninkster

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • http://www.tigerinkmusic.com
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2007, 08:15:44 am »
When I was on a PC, I bought the pack of four synths (MiniMg, Mg Modular, CS80 and ARP2600) and the ARP was my clear favourite. Now that I've moved to a shiny new Intel Mac, it's the only one I can't use...

Very frustrating. I just hope that the delay is because of a focus on getting the Jupiter out. But some sort of announcement would be nice.

It's been interesting how different companies have handled the communication of their transition to UB. Some have been exemplary in keeping customers up to date (take a bow, Garritan), many have offered vague timelines (Steinberg, TC Electronic), others just seem to ignore the problem (IK Multimedia with their Cubase 4 incompatibility, and of course Arturia).

But to repeat - it's all very frustrating. I just need to know what's happening when!

Steven

xrayfish

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2007, 05:48:43 pm »
If you think Arturia are going to reply to any of these requests then think again

They have the worst user support of any software company I've ever come across

They've already got your money, so why bother with anything else?

Sweep

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2007, 11:16:41 pm »
I appreciate your frustration, but hold on a minute -

Arturia created products for existing computer technology. They have no control over future developments by other companies. They're probably run ragged already trying to sort out compatiblity issues with third-party software - the various sequencer programs people keep saying they have issues with.

In an ideal world Arturia would have hundreds of technicians working on every possible software and hardware problem. But this isn't an ideal world and they have no control over what other companies produce.

If necessary, have a dedicated computer for running your Arturia software. That's still far easier and cheaper than having your own tech support for vintage analogue instruments in hardware. In a world that isn't perfect, you sometimes need to plan things out like that.

I hope Arturia can address your concerns soon, but as the saying goes, the impossible can be done at once, but miracles take a little longer.

(I don't work for Arturia, BTW.  I'm just a musician who's played synths for over a quarter of a century and learned a few things the hard way.)

xrayfish

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2007, 10:53:47 am »
I totally agree.

But we're not asking for miracles, just the courtesy of a reply from Arturia, that's all.

steveninkster

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • http://www.tigerinkmusic.com
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2007, 01:36:47 pm »
Quote from: "xrayfish"
I totally agree.

But we're not asking for miracles, just the courtesy of a reply from Arturia, that's all.

Very well said!

innesireinar

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2007, 07:38:39 pm »
Quote from: "Sweep"
I appreciate your frustration, but hold on a minute -

Arturia created products for existing computer technology. They have no control over future developments by other companies. They're probably run ragged already trying to sort out compatiblity issues with third-party software - the various sequencer programs people keep saying they have issues with.

In an ideal world Arturia would have hundreds of technicians working on every possible software and hardware problem. But this isn't an ideal world and they have no control over what other companies produce.

If necessary, have a dedicated computer for running your Arturia software. That's still far easier and cheaper than having your own tech support for vintage analogue instruments in hardware. In a world that isn't perfect, you sometimes need to plan things out like that.

I hope Arturia can address your concerns soon, but as the saying goes, the impossible can be done at once, but miracles take a little longer.

(I don't work for Arturia, BTW.  I'm just a musician who's played synths for over a quarter of a century and learned a few things the hard way.)

I have just registered to this forum for replying to this.
The real world is based on two main platforms: PC and Mac.
While PC is moving on vista during these months Mac has moved to intel many moths ago, although some users are still using PPC.
Today every SWhouse has released the UB version of its product except Arturia (at least of the SWs I'm using) therefore I think that if it like to live the "real world" it has to update their products for mactel soon.

Sweep

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2007, 11:52:42 pm »
And yet on another board for a different synth software product there are people saying don't change to Vista because it doesn't add anything and causes problems.

That's the real world, too.

Maybe the Mac thing is a real step forward?  I don't know.  I'm a PC user.
But this is a continual issue with `developing' computer technology, regardless of specific instances betwen PC and Mac.  It's rarely that black and white.  Keeping a dedicated computer for important software that you need to have running has always been sound advice.  It isn't like it's some idea I've just invented.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines