March 29, 2024, 12:21:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: What the hell?  (Read 4105 times)

markyboyu

What the hell?
« on: January 23, 2007, 08:04:54 pm »
Why on earth is analog factory so CPU heavy??

I downloaded the demo and liked the sounds and low cpu useage so i thought id purchase a copy.

Now my cubase cpu meter is jumping all over the place when i use the full version and is on full pelt on some of the 5 rated pads ive just tried.

Its not like my pc is slow or anything (Cubase 4, 3.0ghz P4, 1GB Ram)... the removal of reloaded is a bit weired too. kinda wishing i'd never bought it now, especially when i see the comments about tech support (or lack of it).

Anyone got any suggestions on why this synth is playing so much hassle with my cpu? All my other plugs are fine.

Relayer

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
What the hell?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 09:00:38 pm »
My CPU load is very low and consistant, AF working very well.
ASUS P4 3.2 Ghz intel
1 GB RAM
ATI RADION 9600 AGP
LYNX 1 Audio card
UAD-1
Sonar 6 Producer v6.2
Wavelab 6
Edirol PCR-800 Midi Controller via USB

THEHOPEDEALER

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: What the hell?
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 12:17:59 pm »
this is about a year late, but that is not a rating of excellence, but pcu usage. That, and, with only one gig of ram, uhm yes it will still be a bit slow, with everything else eating the Rom up

mcskeezer

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 04:57:25 pm »
I'm wondering if this is a Cubase issue, I too experience extremely heavy ASIO usage even with one instrument at level 1. When I remove AF there is an immediate drop in ASIO usage. It's tough when the demand is so high, as I love the sounds and would like to have more that one instrument, however, most of the time one is all my computer can handle, and it should have enough power to move this...

Markyboyu, are you still experiencing this problem...if you have a fix it would be nice to know...

cheers.
Macbook 2.0Ghz 2GB RAM
Cubase Studio 4
Presonus Firepod, Bluetube DP
Reason 4
Arturia Analogue Factory Experience

THEHOPEDEALER

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 08:43:05 am »
Again, you guys are working with the minimal Ram and processing. Honestly,1 Gig boots up.It is a Monster PCU eater because it has six simultaneous engines roaring. Get your Ram up to at least 4-8 Gig, and speed is nothing without processing. Trust me. I went from 512-2.2g. And humming toward 8Gig RAM on CORE2Quad----- not that expensive.We paid for these instruments, let us give them the power they deserve?????

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines