March 29, 2024, 02:10:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: AUTOMATION REQUEST  (Read 3353 times)

lkonrad

AUTOMATION REQUEST
« on: February 19, 2007, 01:06:32 am »
Hi ,

I use Logic pro 7 and the Mg Modular V2.
I would like to automate The amount of a routing , for exemple , the amount of the modulation of the Cutoff filter by the sinus wave form an LFO for exemple. Physically , that means that i want to be able to record the movement of the little wheel where i plug the output of the sine waveform...

I don't find a way to do it ... This control is not present in the list of automationnable controls...
I sthere a special way , like patching some cable , to be able to do it?

Thanks a lot
L.

endedup

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
RE: Automation.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 02:33:11 am »
You might consider the JL Cooper MCS3; or other device that allows the user to write macros and assign knobs buttons. It’s real easy to write a Macro with the MCS3, in fact “writing Macro's it is not even mentioned because the word Macro scares a lot of customers. You basically point your mouse to what you want to control and press save. That’s the whole deal. You can save your “Macros” for different applications or programs. JL Cooper.com would be a good site to look at. It’s simple to use, extremely high quality and although a bit pricey, you can get a much better price via the JL Cooper sales department. Cooper started out building analogue music synthesizers that’s another big plus.

semtek

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
AUTOMATION REQUEST
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 05:19:38 pm »
There may be a work around for this:

I managed to control the fm amount of one of the LFOs this way.

set an envelope to be triggered by sequencer start/stop, set attack to 0, delay to full and release to 0. By automating the sustain level you can send a sustained mod signal almost anywhere. initially i simply patched it straight to the lfo fm which i had been trying to modulate.

by sending a mod signal (eg an LFO) through an amplifier and using the envelope to modulate the amplitude of the signal before sending the amp out to the mod destination, you should be able to do what you're trying to do.

pm me if you have any questions

Semtek.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines