March 19, 2024, 08:30:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Bug Reports (AF Reloaded)  (Read 3484 times)

Zeitlos

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Bug Reports (AF Reloaded)
« on: November 19, 2006, 09:49:43 pm »
Here are some bugs I encountered during the last few days of heave AF reloaded use:

- one or two dozen of the Sounds are (obviously) incorrectly labelled

- in the ARP2600 section, many of the sounds are of totally identical "Seagull" type (but named and categorized entirely differently).

- sometimes, shortly after switching presets, AF R produces very loud bursts of sound/noise, which seem to be at max loudness. I expect my neighbours forming a lynchmob any day now.

- sometimes (rarely, though) AF R stops producing sound entirely. Unloading the plugin and reloading won't solve this. I have to quit my host app (Logic Express) and re-start it.

- EDIT: Complaint about not accepting MIDI deleted. It does, once you activate your input device. It's a little hard, though, to find the setup dialogue, and the printed manual doesn't tell you where it is - on OS X. It's the world "File", up on the left side of the app window.

- AF R initialises upon loading Logic Express, and then initialises again for each track that has an instance of AF R. Since the init is not really brief, this stresses ones patience a little. Isn't there a way to have AF R initialise just once, and then instantiate from that? Logic's own EXSP24 seems to do that fine.

EDIT: And additionaly, don't load all the 3k presets at once. Just load a db/lookup-table and put the presets outside the app. Encrypt, if you must. But please, reduce loading times. Pretty please with a cherry on top? :-)

Having said all that, I hasten to add, that I love Analog Factory Reloaded! It is a really, really well thought out product, with one of the most useful GUIs as far as softsynths go, magnificent sounds, and thoroughly enjoyable experience -- at an unbeatable price, every €-cent worth it!

Cheers
Helge
iMac G5, Tascam 1082, Roland A-30, KLC, Akai MPD-16, PODxt Pro, T.C. VoiceWorks, Logic Pro 8.0

per musica ad astra -- http://www.voXager.de

Zeitlos

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Bug Reports (AF Reloaded)
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 08:34:34 pm »
Please make it so that AF R instances on tracks that are frozen by the host app won't initialize...

Other plugs do that - exceptions are AF R and NI's KONTAKT.

Helge
iMac G5, Tascam 1082, Roland A-30, KLC, Akai MPD-16, PODxt Pro, T.C. VoiceWorks, Logic Pro 8.0

per musica ad astra -- http://www.voXager.de

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines