March 28, 2024, 03:26:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Mg crashing DP  (Read 4420 times)

Anonymous

Mg crashing DP
« on: October 24, 2003, 07:13:13 am »
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone knows how to completely uninstall the demo as it's causing problems in DP and when I remove the plug from the MOTU plugins folder I get a message telling me that it can't find Mg Modular when launching DP.
I think it's an amazing instrument, but at the moment it's just causing instability... How do I get rid of all traces of it and convince DP that it's not there anymore?

Thanks,

Tim.

Anonymous

Mg crashing DP
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2003, 11:56:59 am »
Hi!

In your plugs' folder, there is maybe two files from Arturia : the Mg Modular V, and another one called ArturiaEngine. Removing both should solve your problem.

PJ

ArthurStorm

Mg V demo install with DP NOT RECOMMENDED!
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2004, 04:41:54 pm »
I also installed The Mg V demo on my DP3 on OS 9 and it COMPLETELY screwed up my DP to the verge of disaster. after launching DP with Mg V it would crash in seconds after the plug-in window came up. I think something went really wrong with it, since my DP was fine before - but has had instability issues ever since....maybe I should re-install DP in my System....maybe I missed some hidden file that I didn't delete besides the ArturiaEngine and Mg Modular V files?

I have now also a G5 now running Panther... but I am very reluctant to try this software again...what do you think, folks? I don't see very many happy posts here about Mg V used with DP4 in Panther, either!

Concerned  :shock:

Arthur Storm
 [/u]

ironchef_marc

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Mg crashing DP
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2004, 05:47:00 pm »
It kinda of works. I do get regular crashes indeed. If you use the "window sets" function, recalling your favorite windows setups, you'll see a nice graphic bug. (check my post called "Look at this" for a preview.) Can't turn off the sequencer but that's not a DP exclusive, it's a bug period. My advice, install it if you really need to use it or wait until they make it usable for pro applications. Right now frankly it's more like a toy to have fun with but you can't seriously use it reliably and efficiently, at least on OSX 10.3.2 with DP 4.12

thracks

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Mg crashing DP
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2004, 01:56:37 am »
I wouldn't agree with the comparison to MMV as a toy in it's current state. The sound quality is of the best out there. For me, it is very stable. I don't think it's ever crashed on me. Yes, there are problems, the function of stopping the sequencer with the host app is certainly one that bugs me. I don't use screensets in DP much, so I haven't been affected by that graphics problem. The only other problem I have is that it's very processor heavy on my machine, but you say you've got a G5. Have no fear. The MMV works and the sound is awesome.
G5 Dual 2.3
OS 10.4.8
Digital Performer 5.11
Live 6.05
MMV 2.0
ARP 2600V
2408 MK3/MK1 PCI 424

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines