March 28, 2024, 10:22:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark 1.7.2 crashes loading samples  (Read 1704 times)

FieryBiscuits

Spark 1.7.2 crashes loading samples
« on: March 04, 2014, 07:17:15 pm »
I've had the SparkLE for a few days and been playing with the supplied kits with no problems for hours at a time.

This week I set about making my own kits using a selection of Goldbaby's free sample packs (all 24bit 44.1 mono). Unfortunately I am getting regular crashes when loading samples into either a new project/kit or existing projects/kits.  It is basically unusable.

I'm on PC, Windows 7 64bit, 4GB RAM, 1.7.2 software is running standalone - crashes happen whether I use Presonus Audiobox ASIO or ASIO4ALL. PC is a spare laptop that I use to run music software standalone (V Collection, NI synths), main DAWs (Reason & Ableton) sit on separate desktop machine. No other software is running when running Spark. All samples work fine in both DAWs, this isn't a dodgy file issue. Indeed the samples will play fine in the Spark browser preview, but the moment you hit open, 50% chance of a crash.

Crashes happen whether SparkLE controller is connected or not. Samples are local, not dragged across the network.

I've tried installing older versions, but no joy. One thing I have noticed after each reinstall is that the software has never asked me for my activation code again - so where is that info held?  The only thing I can think of at this point is that I'm not getting a completely clean reinstall.

I'd rather not have made a forum post about this, but after raising a ticket yesterday & supplying a bunch of technical info to do so, the response that came back today was effectively to email again with the same info again... which is really not very helpful. So if anyone has had this problem in the past and found a solution I'd be very grateful.

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: Spark 1.7.2 crashes loading samples
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 08:49:45 pm »
Hi i'm not a pc user but have you tried in standalone pref on the spark gui, setting the save a copy of  audio sample to library , set to always .try this and make sure you save when finished .but if its crashing when loading samples .try the drag and drop on to the pads see if it crashes that way . or does it crash when loading from the library page .

hope this helps a bit

regards

terry

TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

ben arturia

• Administrator
Re: Spark 1.7.2 crashes loading samples
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 09:08:17 am »
Still experiencing crash ?
.......testing.......

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines