April 19, 2024, 06:07:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: LFO Sync to sequence: problems at high LFO rate  (Read 1634 times)

kassu

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
LFO Sync to sequence: problems at high LFO rate
« on: February 26, 2014, 02:23:15 pm »
Hi all,

I'm trying to get the LFO to run at double the sequence rate. I play a sequence, and set the LFO sync on. If I turn the LFO rate about half way or lower, I can get correct sync with either one LFO cycle per step or lower. But if I turn the rate up further, the sync get's very random/buggy: it seems to switch between free run and sync and randomly produce bursts of fast oscillations and then nothing for a whole note.

I tried playing with the settings in the Connection software. Setting the step sequencer to 1/4 notes kind of solves the problem, I can get the LFO to do 1/8 notes then correctly. But with the step sequencer at 8th or 16th it doesn't work.

Does anybody have a similar experience?

Thanks,

Kassu

kassu

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: LFO Sync to sequence: problems at high LFO rate
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 09:58:34 am »
Update: I managed to fix this issue.

I think it was an interference problem between a ribbon cable and circuit board elements. I opened up my brute, and found that one of the ribbon cables was stuck against what looks like two transistors on the board. Getting the cable un-stuck and also wiggling the other ribbon cables to give them some space resolved it.

I guess this is the result of putting so much in a small box. The microbrute has two main circuit boards, and a bunch of ribbon cables connecting them, but since there is little space between the boards the ribbon cables are stuck against components and solder points. This can of course cause all kinds of interference issues.

But then again, a lot of synth in a small box is why the microbrute is awesome, so it's a fair tradeoff.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines