April 19, 2024, 03:56:45 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: CV/Gate and Sequencer Questions  (Read 4078 times)

Shadow

CV/Gate and Sequencer Questions
« on: February 25, 2014, 01:37:47 am »
Hello,

I am interested in purchasing a Microbrute synthesizer and I would like to ask some questions regarding the sequencer functionality and the CV/Gate I/O configuration.

After recording a sequence would it be possible to control an external synthesizer's pitch from the microbrute's sequencer? I am interested to know if the external target synth would be transposed as well, when transposing the sequence on microbrute (assuming that the target synth would be also using the 1v/Octave standard). I am asking mainly because what I mentioned was not possible with the sequencer of Roland's SH-101 synth.

Secondly, is it possible to transpose Microbrute's sequencer via the Pitch CV Input on the Modulation Matrix? By using a Roland SH-101 for instance...
If yes, would these (CV In only - No MIDI) transpositions be routed to an external synth via Microbrute's CV/Gate output, transposing it accordingly?

Finally, after reading Arturia's Microbrute forums I realized that some users had issues when controlling external synths with Microbrute (Mg Synths especially). I am wondering if there are any known issues when controlling any particular eurorack oscillator or ADSR envelope generator modules from Microbrute's CV/Gate outputs... Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Shadow

andrewtoronto

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: CV/Gate and Sequencer Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 06:57:11 pm »
microbrute controls my eurorack gear perfectly...in fact i even stackcable the pitch output to 3 oscillators without the need of a buffered mult.

HOWever...

the microbrutes sequencer will not properly sync to midi.  so you cannot record your sequence to a daw without it being out of sync...see the other thread for that info.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines