March 28, 2024, 09:30:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Extremely SLOW loading time  (Read 7940 times)

tadennis

Extremely SLOW loading time
« on: October 09, 2006, 08:04:21 pm »
Analog Factory was initially slow for each instance I would load, but since adding RELOAD it takes several minutes just to open the program.  Same thing if I close out all other programs and open it as stand-alone.  Has anyone else experienced this?

I have to say that I really love this program, the sounds are excellent and I love the browser.  But...  Already being an owner of the Mg Modular V, MiniMg V, CS-80 V and the Arp2600 V, my main attraction to Analog Factory was having one convenient package with which I could could QUICKLY browse through the patches of all the instruments.  Given the eternal loading time of AF, the convenience appeal seems to have been lost.  I now find myself hesitating to even use AF, and just using the original synths I already had, because I know that anytime I reload LOGIC (my host) I've got to wait several minutes for each instance of AF to boot.  3 instances of AF and that's almost 6 minutes just for those soft-synths to load, not to mention the initial load time of Logic and other plug-ins.

I've had this experience with a piece of software in the past, Native Instruments Battery, and the outcome of that problem was that I found myself NEVER using it and an eventual loss of interest.

So...  Anyone else having this problem?  Is there a fix that anyone knows of?  What can I expect in the future, Arturia?  Is the long load time integral to the design of AF? (as was the case with Battery, as per Native Instruments tech support).

Hoping for the best...

jeffwinn1970

re:loading time on my PC, reloaded is fine here
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 01:21:43 am »
I read the post on loading time and assuming a Mac is involved, based on Logic being the host. My tested and re-tested load times, both as a stand alone, and Cubase VSTi is between 12 and 13 seconds. My machine is based around a 3.6 dual core, and 2 gigs of ddr2. I can't speak to mac owners. but wanted it known minutes may not applicable to all.

Nicolas

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • http://www.arturia.com
Extremely SLOW loading time
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 09:40:12 am »
Hello,

I've had other reports about launching time. It seems that adding 1000 presets to initialize on start cause problems on some computers.

Tadennis, could you tell me exactly which computer you're running ?

Best regards
Nicolas

Sawtooth

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I noticed some wait time,BUT 3000 presets,thats alot!
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 05:28:17 am »
I noticed that it takes a little time to launch AF Reloaded,And I understand what the other guy said about having to wait when creating each instance of the plug in But, lets face it, This thing got 3000 presets, that alone takes time to load up im guessing.  The thing that botthers me is some other issues I'm expierencing, The Not-so-quick load time I can deal with,But I have some other issues like: 1: I notice offten that presets sound like they are distorting(and the volume is NOT turned up Too High),  2: I notice some occasional pops & clicks when playing a sound.  3: The Keys on the virtual keyboard get "STUCK"(somtimes notes stick also).  And the last thing is: While going thru the presets, I came across 2 differently named presets by 2 completely different authors meanwhile they BOTH are the EXACT SAME SOUND,(for example-lets say preset#1 is made by john doe & preset#2 is made by jane whatever, And both different presets are THE SAME EXACT SOUND, thats weird.    
     Im sorry but there's another thing,but Im not sure this is an error: I notice that while going thru presets of a certain type(lets say sequences) Some of the presets are NOT sequences at all. Some are & some are NOT, Maybe they are just preset sounds that the author considered usable for sequence type patterns, But I experienced these problems So far.     I should mention that I have the MiniMgV And it runs fine with my system,   My computer system is: Dual 2ghz mac G5(powerPC) with 2.5gb RAM,OS X 10.4.7, Digi002Rack.   Also, these issues are happening while I was using the Standalone AF Reloaded, I don't know what will happen when used as a plug in with pro tools.  If anyone has any addvice or help I very much appreciate it,    THANK You

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines