March 29, 2024, 01:52:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Poly aftertouch  (Read 15317 times)

bg

• Beta-testers
Poly aftertouch
« on: October 17, 2003, 02:16:17 pm »
Does the CS-80V respond to polyphonic aftertouch?

xavier

Poly aftertouch
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2003, 11:00:40 am »
Yes of course. It responds to polyaftertouch and channel pressure. So your keyboard must be set to send only one of this two midi message.

Xavier

bg

• Beta-testers
Poly aftertouch
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2003, 03:33:12 pm »
Very good.  Thanks, Xavier.

asheraa

ensoniq ts-10
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2003, 05:15:44 am »
Just tried the Ensoniq ts-10 with the SQ-80V using the poly (key )aftertouch !

Finally !!!    polyaftertouch is a MUST !!  why the hell current keyboard manufacturers do not include polyaftertouch on current models escapes my imagination. All I can think is that there are no musicians on those companies ! ( well, Vangelis said this 20 or so years ago ... )

Well done Arturia!  the monster sounds great !  But it only uses 15% of my CPU at any time!  I want more voices !  16 please!

www.ashera.com

sundog202

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: ensoniq ts-10
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2003, 06:41:06 am »
Quote from: "asheraa"
Just tried the Ensoniq ts-10 with the SQ-80V using the poly (key )aftertouch !

Finally !!!    polyaftertouch is a MUST !!  why the hell current keyboard manufacturers do not include polyaftertouch on current models escapes my imagination. All I can think is that there are no musicians on those companies ! ( well, Vangelis said this 20 or so years ago ... )

www.ashera.com

poly at is a bandwidth hog; it crashes sequencers. modern sequencers dont thin it; modern players dont understand it; everyones used to painting it in with a mouse. so no one builds a keyboard that sends it.

ensoniq had it right but their keyboards had other problems, incl. the infamous rotting ribbon connectors that made their keyboards die. as a result, its hard to find working ones today. roland a-50 can't be had for love or money, ditto kurzweil midiboard...yamaha dx1 costs a fortune and weighs a ton even now...prophet t8 too unreliable. that leaves ensoniq.

but i thot the ts-10 didnt have poly at, only mono at? am i wrong? was it the ts-12 that went to mono?

are there others? (forgive if i havent read the appropriate thread yet, new to this forum as i am new to the cs80v) i heard of a generalmusic keybd that had it and an elka...how easy to find these?

currently hunting for a cheap poly at kybd to take advantage of my cs80v

sund0g
terry decker "sund0g" ^o.O^
i talk you listen: www.creativesynth.com
you talk i listen: sundog202@yahoo.com

MickGael

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • http://www.danieljslewis.com/
Re: Polyphonic Aftertouch
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2003, 01:05:31 pm »
Hi Terry,
You can add Ensoniq KS-32 to your list. My still works beautifully, and has semi-weighted action...

Polyphonic Aftertouch
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2003, 02:40:50 pm »
Is this the same as channel aftertouch as on the Oberheim controller keyboards?

Anonymous

Re: ensoniq ts-10
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2003, 11:30:48 am »
Quote from: "sundog202"

are there others? (forgive if i havent read the appropriate thread yet, new to this forum as i am new to the cs80v) i heard of a generalmusic keybd that had it and an elka...how easy to find these?

currently hunting for a cheap poly at kybd to take advantage of my cs80v

sund0g

just picked up an ELKA MK55 (61 keys semi-weighted with poly aftertouch) for $100...works beautifully with the CS-80V

unfortunately they are not easy to find, but worth it if you can.

husker

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2003, 11:33:55 am »
Quote from: "guest"
Is this the same as channel aftertouch as on the Oberheim controller keyboards?

Channel aftertouch is 'mono' aftertouch...the aftertouch effects all notes playing (like a mod wheel does). With poly-aftertouch, every note gets its own effect...very fun!

sundog202

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2003, 08:13:25 pm »
Quote from: "MickGael"
Hi Terry,
You can add Ensoniq KS-32 to your list. My still works beautifully, and has semi-weighted action...

and it does real poly at, not mono/channel at? really? that doesnt match my data on the subject at all.

i am currently trying to pull together a list of less known keybds i can try to find for cheap... ensoniqs being as unreliable as they are i am dubious about hunting one down that will work at an affordable price (i hate being poor but there you are)

the generalmusic ones may be a good bet if i can find one in the usa; the elka mk55 and mk88 look like a real treat but almost imposs. to find in the usa; and then there is the kurzweil midiboard, built like a tank and great playing but very heavy and expensive. fui!

anyone have a spare theyre willing to sell? :mrgreen:

sund0g
terry decker "sund0g" ^o.O^
i talk you listen: www.creativesynth.com
you talk i listen: sundog202@yahoo.com

Anonymous

Ensoniq
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2003, 09:50:17 pm »
I do not beleive that the ensoniq keyboards are unreliable. I have seen 5 or so 10 year plus "degaused" models for 200-300 US on second hand shops and had all keys working !  

In contrast, I have a Korg Wavestation EX, in a dust and humidity free case, used it probably only 50 hours in total, and has rotten key connectors inside.

I just bought a TS-10 for the CS-80V and works wonderfull....

HMT

Poly Aftertouch
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2004, 06:38:00 pm »
In response to your question, the TS-10 DID have poly aftertouch. The TS-12 DID NOT have poly aftertouch.

Also, the KS-32 DID NOT have poly aftertouch. And it's a crappy keyboard anyway (sounds and sequencer were worthless), so unless you're going to use it strictly as a MIDI controller, it's hardly worth getting one.

I'd tell you to buy a used TS-10, but I'm trying to hoard as many of them as I can before I die.  So hands off!

-HMT

Marzzz

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Poly aftertouch
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2004, 06:56:25 am »
I know of a GeneralMusic S3 that may be for sale in the Oakland bay area. I also have (believe it or not) a spare Kurzweil MidiBoard that is in fair cosmetic but good working condition. You are welcome to contact me on AOL.....

Anonymous

Poly aftertouch
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2004, 06:27:02 pm »
Arturia Guys and Girls could you program in an option for selective note modulation in your next version. This would simulate the poly aftertouch and make it easier to play than Poly after-touch any way. You could, say, have highest note played modulation. Or even have variable amounts to be played across you're fingers in block chords.

I like the way you have used the CC1 to bring in the aftertouch modulation through the Mod wheel.

Woooo wicked ..... or what?

Ensoniq
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2004, 09:00:17 pm »
Hi,

for shure this is not the place to dicuss but one to hmt.

The KS32 is a very useful keyboard. I have mine for just ten years now without any problems. It was the first with a good weightet action keyboard this time an cost about 2/3 of a VFX-SD or the later comming TS Synth´s.

And we are not all millionaires!

So there is no reason to blame this keyboard. They are very cheap today and worth every penny.

C.I.A.O. Daniel

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines