March 19, 2024, 02:44:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: SparkLE vs. Garageband  (Read 3497 times)

alm28

SparkLE vs. Garageband
« on: January 30, 2014, 12:31:04 am »
So I've figured out how to record sounds from the SparkLE software on Garageband but I keep running into two distinct problems:
1. I can only record pads 1-8 --> 9-16 seem to be disabled when I actually attempt to record
a. I've tried to fix this by opening up the SparkLE software through garageband which allows me to access these pads and set my sounds the way I want them which works, then when I record --> it sounds like my 9-16 pads are working, but when i play it back, the track only plays sounds from my first 8 pads.

2. I want to be able to record patterns that I have made via the hardware without having to make multiple tracks in garageband.
a. everytime i make a pattern, I go to record, press record and then the beat just starts playing and nothing is actually tracking
b. I understand that it should at least be displaying midi data but it doesnt. Either way, i don't want it to because I'm using Jack Pilot OS X as my interface to allow the track to record as audio which should work right? But it doesn't  :(

I've been stuck on this for days and need help please.

Cedworth

Re: SparkLE vs. Garageband
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 05:08:38 am »
I tried to do this just now and I ran into the same problem.  I can get it to record the pads, but not when running the sequence.

However, you can still drag and drop your patterns into the track via the library in the bottom section, so you can still get your midi data into garage band and then tweak it once it's in there.

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 10:04:04 am »
Hi alm28   
Garage Band is not able to do that.
This DAW doesn't have enough functionality to do so.
That's impossible to disable Spark Private port with Garage Band.
.......testing.......

blackfireworks

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 07:32:34 am »
Easiest answer.  You're doing it wrong.

Don't worry about garageband until you are sure you have everything ready.  Spark 2.0 is the machine.  Use it to do everything and find the right beats.

So, now you've picked a few patterns and know a structure. All you have to do is export the files as either MIDI or WAV.
Then load, copy, and paste the patterns in the format in garageband.  Seriously, you're better off doing it this way.  You use it to its strengths.  It's a fun little box!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines