March 28, 2024, 08:46:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: | Arturia Musical Instruments | Petition - Signing Required  (Read 8130 times)

jdmmade

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
| Arturia Musical Instruments | Petition - Signing Required
« on: October 29, 2013, 08:02:00 pm »
Arturia Musical Instruments is a prime example of how a software/hardware company is completely oblivious and negligent towards not only their consumer base but their community as well. I have set up a petition that explains and shows how they have been reacting or should I say not reacting towards people who have put down hard earned cash. A product that promised to deliver but has failed to do so.

Anyone who owns this product or has owned it in the past will know what I am talking about. This issue doesn't just reside in their MiniLab or MiniBrute series. There are multiple factors to this and different products which suffer from these annoying glitches and bugs. I have owned two products from this company and both have failed to deliver. The MiniBrute and the MiniLab. Frédéric Brun and Gilles Pommereuil (owners) seem to be stuck in their own reality, acting as if nothing has happened or at worse just ignoring these issues.

http://www.change.org/petitions/arturia-musical-instruments-this-petition-requests-fixes-that-pertain-to-arturia-s-hardware-and-software-the-encoders-and-software-are-severely-unstable-regardless-of-the-recent-updates-this-problem-has-been-neglected-for-almost-a-year

Please sign this petition so that our voices could be heard. This issue has been pushed back and ignored for too long. Considering how quick the company is eager to take our money but fail to provide a functional product is completely and utterly ridiculous. The real question and concern here is, why is a product that doesn't function still being sold in the USA/EU/Asia etc.?

This is fraud to the highest extent throughout multiple continents.

Signing this will get the right coverage, and getting a piece of mind.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 07:38:13 am by jdmmade »

T3k

Re: | Arturia Musical Instruments | Petition - Signing Required
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 10:25:26 pm »
Once the petition reaches 1 million signatures, President Obama will be forced to make a public statement about the Minilab.

jdmmade

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 10:50:07 pm »
LMAO obama is just as defective as the minilab and arturia products in general, good analogy.  I'm guessing you didn't bother to look at the technology section of change.org or how it could be utilized to wake crooked companies up.

Change.org isn't even ran by obama.  If you thought that then that was a sad assumption and generalization.  It's okay, people don't like to read or think beyond the title nor between the lines.  It's not your fault.  I hope you don't expect a cookie after this, or some reward from arturia.  Because that would also be a really bad assumption as well.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 11:21:44 pm by jdmmade »

Mmarsh

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 04:56:22 pm »
And apparently people don't like grammar either.  >:( This post is annoying on many levels.

beefinator

• Soundcloud page
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 06:38:37 pm »
Considering how quick the company is eager to take our money but fail to provide a functional product is completely and utterly ridiculous.

Just one example of why one should use coherent grammar in order to avoid ENTIRELY CONTRADICTING HIS/HER OWN POINT.

stevism

• Beta-testers
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 07:51:44 pm »
sure the support could be a bit better but MOST of the time they've responded / helped me.

i'm not signing it.

jdmmade

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 10:08:23 pm »
If you don't own a minilab you have no idea what I mean.  I sold my minibrute due to defect.  I even kept it on for 10 minutes before use.  Don't ask how much I let it go for :(.  After I sold that I didn't have much money to buy anything else anymore.  I bought the minilab with the left over money recently and now I lost my money again and can't return the unit because of the licensing.  Wouldn't you be upset?  I didn't mean to make people angry or offend them :(.  Sorry if I did.  I just don't have money or a job to get anything else.  I guess you could see my frustration.  I'm stuck and had the worst experience buying my first analog and now hybrid synth.  Started with $500 now I'm left with 0.  I just want my minilab to work  :-[ :'(
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 10:44:59 pm by jdmmade »

stevism

• Beta-testers
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2013, 11:03:34 pm »
well i agree that if i don't have a minilab i have no idea what you mean, but you DID post this in the miniBRUTE section haha

why did you sell it instead of returning it? sounds like your fault there.

i can see your frustration but it i think your petition is a bit overboard. it's not a huge conspiracy

jdmmade

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2013, 02:24:39 am »
Dear Stevism,

The reason why I sold it was cause the unit began to stop functioning all in all I really didn't know why.  The unit by that time was way beyond the 30-day policy.  I did check a couple forums with no luck to get it to work.  I was guessing fixing it would cost me too much but I was lame enough to get rid of it.  I thought the minilab would of been the answer to all my music control.  If you check the minilab section it's all units that suffer from this software glitch/bug.  I really really hope it's not on the hardware side, I will be crushed if it is.  If the petition is dumb then I should just take it down.  I just didn't want this unit to be forgotten and later unsupported.  Again I am really sorry for being a bother.  I just hope my voice is heard.  I am virtually stuck with nothing to utilize with ableton live other than a mouse at the moment.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 02:32:38 am by jdmmade »

MarctheDarc

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2013, 04:31:46 am »
Sorry to say, but you've overlooked 1 critical part. If a unit is defective, it's not the 30-day return-policy that applies, but rather your right to a functioning unit as a paying customer. Your countrys laws for sales and commerce should apply in most cases, or in some cases with net-based sales, it's the laws of the country in which the company selling the unit is based.

A critical point is that it's the immediate seller that has the obligation towards you. So if you bought it at a local store, they should be your first point of attack. What they in turn have of relations to their supplier is none of your concern, eventhough many stores will try to use it as an excuse to slack on service.
Beyond that, most manufacturers will usually supply their own waranty agreement, usually based on the law of the country in which they're based. So if your local waranty is expired, in some cases the manufacturer will be supplying a longer waranty, in which case you must deal with the manufacturer directly.

To my knowledge in all of EU atleast, you have 2 years from purchase/receiving of the unit, in which time the seller are obliged to take the unit back and fix the problem or give you a full refund. And i believe it's not much different in the US, Canada etc. Not sure about the far east though.

In my neck of the woods, within the first 6 months the problem are automaticly assumed to be an pre-existing issue, and seller have the burden of proof if he wants to argue you to be the cause of the problem (like if you smashed it or poured water into it). So mostly it's just exchanged right then and there, if there's no visible evidence of mistreatment.
After 6 months, the burden of proof falls on buyer (you), where you have to argue for the problem not being of your doing. I've never found the latter to be an issue. And atleast in my experience only few shops are big enough bastards to make any trouble.

So quite frankly you shot yourself in the foot by selling it on instead of returning it to where you bought it. If you gave the guy you sold it to all the proper documentation, he may very well just have returned it to the store afterwards and gotten it fixed or replaced with a brand new unit.

For the rest of it, i've heard alot of horror stories about Arturia, and have honestly come to doubt what to believe.
My own MiniBrute have run flawlessly for almost a year now, so i can't really say how their service is, as i've never needed it.

From a practical standpoint, you're not completely stuck in your current position. You can actually ask the seller to help you fix the problem with your MiniLab, again they are actually obliged. And eventhough you've registered the software, Arturia can unregister it for you, in which case it should be eligible to return for a full refund.
So i'd do what everybody else does: Attempt to annoy either the store where you bought your Minilab, or Arturia themselves, and see what comes of it. Worst case scenario, you wait for a fix. The AnalogLab software is quite new, and while it's at best questionable that they send out a software which is apparently so buggy, it's likely future versions will provide major improvements to stability and overall functionality. But i fully understand the wait is painful.

jdmmade

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2013, 07:33:52 am »
Thanks for the information.  I did check and could not return it for sure.  They stood by their 30-day policy I did voice how it was unfair.  Plus it was way past 5 months.  So I could understand maybe why.  Couldn't say I didn't try.  The EU seems like it has pretty nice policies considering how bad the US has their stores set up.  The brute was really solid especially that brutefactor was a neat design.  The only downside was not being able to utilize knobs via usb but still for being full analog I really can't complain.  Steiner Parker filters were so aggressive when it was working.  How do you like yours so far?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 07:53:06 am by jdmmade »

MarctheDarc

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2013, 10:02:38 pm »
Well, the 30-day policy is usually a return policy. There should a seperate understanding for defective units which you should have invoked rather than trying to return the unit. Obviously they wouldn't take it back per se, but they should've taken it in for repairs free og charge. That's atleast what makes sense in my world.

As for the Brute itself, it is quite simply in many respects the best mono-synth i've ever laid hands on. I know i'll anger alot of people who loves the old greats, but i find it actually has a greater range of sounds and plenty of character.
Both the oscillator and filter are works of genius imho.
Ofc it has some small problematic things too. The tuning goes sharp in the highest range, and the LFO-AMP modulation bypasses the gate which annoys me. Stuff like that. But all in all i love it, and have had no problems with it at all. Guess i've been lucky.

sihaz

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2013, 09:51:01 am »
my minibrute had a slightly raised middle c key when i got it. i was happy to ignore the fault. a little later, (3 months), the octave change keys went a bit unreliable. took it to my local arturia service centre and after looking at it for a few days they gave me a brand new unit. can't argue with that sort of service really and made me glad i didn't go for a second hand sh101 :-)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines