March 28, 2024, 07:29:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Can't connect Microbrute via usb midi.  (Read 8748 times)

achtungmark

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Can't connect Microbrute via usb midi.
« on: January 18, 2014, 10:39:45 pm »
Hi,

I bought my Microbrute about 6 weeks back and am totally over the moon with it, it's dirty and fat.

That aside, I thought I try to connect my MB  up via usb today, up untill now, i hadn't really bothered, but today I wanted to sync my DAW to the MB's
sequencer. I downloaded the connection software and ran it, but I keep getting this message:

'The software was not able to find a Microbrute connected to your computer...please make sure 1...2...3...etc etc.

What's wrong here? I mean, is there something I'm missing here or have overlooked? I have tried to connect repeatedly now, but absolutely nothing but this message appears.

On a general note, it would be really helpful if the manual were to cover these connection options in a lot more depth. There being only a scant mention on P47 of of possible connections etc, but little else.

It might help to know that my DAW is Ableton Live 9, my operating system in Windows 7 64bit and that I have the MB connected to another synth via cv/gate. The MB was the synth sending the cv/gate. I have also tried connection without the other synth too, to no avail.

Does anybody know what the problem here is?

Thanks in advance, Mark.

achtungmark

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Can't connect Microbrute via usb midi.
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 11:04:47 pm »
Have solved the problem!

I had Ableton Live on in the background at the same time as I was trying to connect the Microbrute for the first time.

After shutting down Live and repeating the process for connection it worked. It's now connected and firmware updated.

It might be, however, tht Arturia could re-think their manual a little here - this wasn't really that obvious.

Mark.

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 09:56:21 am »
Thanks for your feedback on the manual. I will ask for more details on the next version.
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

Rhobi327

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 05:10:39 am »
I wanted to Bump this in case anyone else had this same problem. This happened to me and i was trying to figure it out for about an hour. Who knew I just had to exit ableton!

Happy synthing!

chisel316

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2015, 02:49:36 am »
I'm experiencing a similar connection issue with the software on my Win 7 x64 machine, but I don't have Ableton Live loaded.  I'm guessing there's another conflict going on.  Anybody have this issue without having another MIDI app loaded?  I've seen other posts regarding this, but this is the first time I've seen a solution.  Thanks for posting.  BTW, I know my MicroBrute is good because I can use the connection software on another computer that doesn't have anything else connected or running.

Peace \/
chisel316

Damien2003gt

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2017, 09:46:27 pm »
yeah.. It would be nice if the moderators would post something about setting up/syncing the MB with popular daw's and making it a sticky. I've just purchased an MB and I'm having issues syncing with Logic X. Specifically midi in issues.

polak_w_kanadzie

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2017, 09:16:57 pm »
Hi.
I do not want to create a new topic, so I'll use this one instead as it's somehow connected to my issue.

I was trying to connect my MicroBrute to Ableton Live.
What I achieved is:
Ableton Live hear the audio coming from my MicroBrute, and see the midi signal coming from MicroBrute.
I am using "External Instrument" connection in Ableton.
I have connected it via USB cable with 1/4 TRS audio cable.
I'm running Mac OS X, Steinberg UR44 and I can connect it via MOTU MicroLite if that will be necessary...

What I can't achieve is that MicroBrute will see the midi signal coming FROM Ableton, so I could arrange notes in Ableton, send it to MicroBrute, so it will play these notes.

Of course I set up connections in Ableton preferences. I also own a Virus C - which plays perfectly, connected the same way (obviously not via USB, but via MIDI & 1/4 TRS).

How can I set up my MicroBrute so it will play the notes from Ableton?
Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 09:19:09 pm by polak_w_kanadzie »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines