March 28, 2024, 11:28:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: faulty assingable rotary encoders and jog dial  (Read 3982 times)

u.n.i.t.e.d

faulty assingable rotary encoders and jog dial
« on: December 22, 2013, 02:05:20 pm »
i using the Origin desktop since they was available and over the years iīve been the same problems with my unit. but now this problems are to fatal for a normal use of the Origin how it should be. the 8 assingable white rotary encoders around the display doesnt respond when i turn it. there are most times just heavy parameterjumps or they stays on the preset parameter. the same with the jog dial! and there are sometimes bootproblems, so that the display-backlight doesnt light when i turn on the power.  in this situation itīs very painful to play with the Origin and i notice that many other users have the same problems! so what says Arturia about this, what is the problem and how can i solve it??? i hope for a quick answer

Philippe

Re: faulty assingable rotary encoders and jog dial
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 09:33:37 am »

it sounds to me as a hardware problem with the front panel board. You should open a case with the support. As soon as you've a case number, send it to me so I can follow it here.
Origin Lead  Developer

u.n.i.t.e.d

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 10:31:38 am »
sorry, my english is not the best. i donīt know exactly what youīre meaning. do you mean that i should send my origin for repair ( maybe to Tomeso in Germany) i,m from austria.) and then send you the repair jobnumber?

Philippe

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 03:39:01 pm »
Your hardware has a problem. It has to be fixed by the replacement of some components. This is done here in Grenoble. You can ask Tomeso to handle your machine and they will likely contact our support team, or you can directly open a case on the Arturia web site. Then we'll organise the return of your machine here (your machine will be picked up by UPS), we'll do the reparation, and send it back to you (UPS again).

To open a case goto the support page and click on "3-Request specific Technical Support".
Origin Lead  Developer

u.n.i.t.e.d

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 01:25:20 pm »
how much would be the cost for the ups-transport and repair of the origin?

Philippe

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 08:28:25 am »
This is a question to ask to the support team. Send a mail to David, or better, open a case. All the details will be dealed with at this moment. In the meantime I'll ask David to take care of your problem.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 08:35:58 am by Philippe »
Origin Lead  Developer

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines