March 28, 2024, 11:41:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: What I think the next Arturia product should be  (Read 9076 times)

rictheobscene

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • http://www.ghettoanalogue.com
What I think the next Arturia product should be
« on: February 01, 2005, 08:09:35 pm »
Arturia has done a fabulous job with emulating 4 great vintage synths. While I feel that more of these vintage emulations should be explored,  I think Arturia should expand their horizons a little bit and develop their own soft synth. Dollowing the same concept of what AAS did with UltraAnalog, but the product should be a unique creation.

Just my opinion

omissis

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2005, 10:07:19 pm »
What I think myself....

i think it is needed to make serious revisions to the actual synths , fixing all the major\minor bugs and planning a strong improvement of the math model....all in all what we expect is the best possible emulation and , as I did read somewhere else , details are the most hard and challenging things to achieve; so let's give them all the needed time to build better emulations.

they have the potential, hope they will hear us.
M
Max

a CS-80Vist

rictheobscene

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2005, 10:24:45 pm »
Quote from: "omissis"
What I think myself....

i think it is needed to make serious revisions to the actual synths , fixing all the major\minor bugs and planning a strong improvement of the math model....all in all what we expect is the best possible emulation and , as I did read somewhere else , details are the most hard and challenging things to achieve; so let's give them all the needed time to build better emulations.

they have the potential, hope they will hear us.
M

I guess I am just lucky. The mode that I use the software in seems to be bug free. I premiered several new songs during my performance this weekend that used the Arp 2600 V. The feedback at the party was very complimentary, and, in my opinion, I thought it sounded just great.

omissis

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2005, 10:35:34 pm »
I'm glad you found no bugs in your 2600, that's a plus to Arturia. My CS-80 has some , I call them "childhood diseases" that need to be cured  8)  . They planned something nearly these days.
M
Max

a CS-80Vist

MarkM

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2005, 10:41:34 pm »
I own the MMV2 and love it.  I've found a couple of minor bugs, but the one that bugs me the most is an unpredictable hiccup when used as a VSTi. I never experience it in standalone.  Other than that, I think the MMV2 is one of the best soft synths out there.  What a great sound, and the sequencer is fabulous.

rictheobscene

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2005, 12:19:45 am »
Quote from: "MarkM"
I own the MMV2 and love it.  I've found a couple of minor bugs, but the one that bugs me the most is an unpredictable hiccup when used as a VSTi. I never experience it in standalone.  Other than that, I think the MMV2 is one of the best soft synths out there.  What a great sound, and the sequencer is fabulous.

Could you expand on this 'hiccup'? I too use the MMV2 in VSTi mode with a Cubase SX (1, 2, and 3) host, as well as in FX Teleport mode, and I have not experienced it.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines