March 29, 2024, 05:41:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: 1.7.1 update still major issues  (Read 3145 times)

Monsta

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
1.7.1 update still major issues
« on: September 14, 2013, 06:55:14 am »
Crashed in stand alone mode while in the browser trying to add a layer to a kick in the berlin kit when i
switched from instrument 1 to instrument 9 in the drop down menu at the bottom of the browser.
clicks on all samples previewed or imported.
And now my samples folders are full of extra files after previewing a new sound i.e BD_Blofeld_001.wav now has a BD_Blofeld_001.wav.48000 document file underneath it.
And this is the first 10mins, god knows what doom awaits me in Logic,
sick of constant issues with this software, and no replys from tech support is beyond a joke.
Going to go back to 1.7 as this adding extra files to my sample folders is totally out of order.
Thanks for wasting my time yet again Arturia.
Another step closer to selling this junk to another poor unsuspecting fool like me.

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: 1.7.1 update still major issues
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 01:08:23 pm »
Hi just sen your post ,are you on pc or mac ? with regards to your problem with the samples loading each time you change a sample ,go into your preferences and change save audio samples to never or ask .make your kits or projects and when your finished save as a export in the edit window. now delete the project in spark, and import the .spk file this will only leave you with the correct samples in your library on your finished project.
with spark crashing i have had this on osx a few times, i reset my permissions with disk utility. and seems stable now ,also my standalone app permission was set to read only for system i changed this to r/w you can do this by get info on the app . but you may be on pc so ignore this bit.

hope this helps

terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 09:50:34 am »
Hi,
unfortunately your support case has not reached me before.
I will try to reproduce the crash and to fix it ASAP.

Concerning the extra file created.
These are copy of your samples at the same sample rate that you are using in Spark.

As Terry explained, the way to avoid them is to set the Save a copy of audio samples" preference to yes.

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

korazacp

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • A TODA MADRE O UN DESMADRE
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 11:26:57 am »
I´m having exactly the same problem with this update.
No es tanto la máquina que tienes, sino las manos que la manejan.

JRCriton

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 06:47:20 am »
Now I'm experiencing this problem.... The only way I was able to get it to stop is if I went from 24 bit to 16 bit file renders?

Le0

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 04:30:10 pm »
hello,
i have to say, i love this controller, but as said, it still has lot of crashes. may it be in cause of my audio drivers and interface, but you have to say, that it is for sure a very very huge vst, so crashes can be caused by the computer itself, as i think (memory problems...).

I get this one significant error all the time: if I load new instruments while spark seq is playing-> everything works fine. But if the main sequencer is running in addition -> DAW CRASH :( :( (unsaved songs etc; VERY SAD) .
So I want to know: Does somebody else get this kind of crashes?

And if you also could add a function like snapshot all parameters, and load snapshot (select+A/B/9/8 what ever) i would be ver very pleased :D .
Often i miss a function like this because it could be cool for live usage-> slicing, turn of resonance, tune the whole thing to its limit and then just reset all parametes of all tracks back to the snapshot.
I know, you could do it elseway (load the same patch via jogwheel/ or turn every single parameter back to normal-> very complex) it just would be nice and easy.

Please send me feedback,  with regards: Le0
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 04:33:25 pm by Le0 »

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 09:48:12 am »
Spark's team is very sad to hear that !
Try version 1.7.2 witch fix a lots of bugs.
http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/index.php?topic=14020.0

As usual try to make it clean before reinstall remove those :
 /Applications/Arturia/spark.app

/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Spark.vst
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Spark.component
/Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins/spark.aaxplugin
/Library/Application Support/Digidesign/Plug-Ins/spark.dpm
/Library/Arturia/Spark/
WARNING user preset are in /Library/Arturia/Spark/Spark Library/User
Make a copy of it if you want to recover your own preset.

.......testing.......

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines