March 28, 2024, 02:38:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Microbrute Bricked :(  (Read 2642 times)

entertrios

Microbrute Bricked :(
« on: January 03, 2014, 05:02:20 am »
When I turn on my Microbrute, nothing works. All I get is a slow tapping sound on my speakers, almost like a metronome.

I think I did the update properly, because I was able to use it on ableton, and even control it with my midi keyboard afterwards.

That was about a week ago, and this is the first time i've turned it on since.

I tried holding down both octave keys and turning the unit on, but all I get is a quick, very dim single flash of the octave lights. They do not stay on no matter what I do.

If I just turn the unit on without holding any buttons, the "0" on the octave lights flashes once.

Has anyone encountered this? I hope Bruno @ Arturia might be able to help. I just wanna make music!!!!

I'm running Windows XP BTW. Thinking that shouldn't affect anything since I've already used it before and after the update without problems.

Thank you in advance.

wacopacco

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Microbrute Bricked :(
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 05:28:30 am »
Mine bricked today as well.

loss in volume
master volume pot is scratchy (very loud noise)
the area the MV is in smells really hot, and is warm to the touch

Thought it was maybe a software issue until the smell... I get it for $300 it's not going to be the highest quality analog synth, but for $300 I'm expecting it to work and not die on me 2 weeks after purchasing it brand new.

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
Re: Microbrute Bricked :(
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 10:00:49 am »
the two of you obviously have a different problem. None of the issues you have should happen, so you should ask for replacement units.
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines