March 28, 2024, 08:20:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Severe loss in volume and now the volume pot is scratchy/noisy.  (Read 3202 times)

wacopacco

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Severe loss in volume and now the volume pot is scratchy/noisy.
« on: January 03, 2014, 04:08:25 am »
Plugged in the brute tonight and my volume wasn't anywhere near it usually is, and the volume pot couldn't be touched without getting a ton of noise from it. I find it odd because it was literally working fine just minutes before, then something changed.
If this is a common thing that has a common fix I can get down with that and hopefully figure out what the problem is, I've had many pots go bad on me but never on a brand new instrument like this one.
Would really like some help troubleshooting or figuring out what I can do to get this fixed/covered. I've had the MicroBrute for literally just over 2 weeks.

wacopacco

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Severe loss in volume and now the volume pot is scratchy/noisy.
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 05:29:57 am »
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10153674425605015&set=o.593333194060134&type=2&theater

This is what it's doing, there's also a smell of burning plastic coming from the MV area (turned it off and unplugged it because of this), it's also warm to the touch.

wacopacco

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 07:19:28 pm »
Anyone? I'm sending it back to the place I bought it from (sweetwater) and hopeful the replacement will get me back to enjoying this synth. Been using a microkorg in it's absence and it's painful...

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 10:07:01 am »
I can see the video, but anyway if it smells like burnt, you obviously need to send it back.
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

wacopacco

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 05:28:30 pm »
I can see the video, but anyway if it smells like burnt, you obviously need to send it back.
I sent it back to sweetwater, they are sending me another one.  :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines