March 28, 2024, 10:19:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Different License Issue  (Read 7654 times)

rthorderson

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Different License Issue
« on: February 27, 2010, 11:12:22 pm »
So, I checked the threads and didn't quite see the scenario I have...

...but first, do I need to say how colossally disappointed I am that activating a brand new application on a very up-to-date machine is so difficult? The install instruction in the box are wrong, the PDF on the sight does not apply to AF2 exactly, the website sql DB crashes when registering. Very uncool...

Here is what I did...

1) I first registered my AF2...I think it worked since my registration shows in my account (although an SQL error occurred during registration). NO ACTIVATION KEY APPEARS in my registration account.
2) Installed/Executed eLicense
3) My USB key appeared in the list, so that appears to be OK
4) Entered the Activation Key found on the Card the came with AF2
5) eLicenser recognized te key as AF2...clicked continue
6) Selected USB-eLicenser
7) eLicense tried to download a License but I received this error after 10~15 minutes...

- License Download
    - A connection to the license server could not be established, either due to incorrect network settings, or because the license server is currently not available (e.g. due to maintenance work).
    - Please verify your computer's network settings and try again later, or contact your software vendor's support department in case the problem persists

Posted case number 84993, but am not encouraged with the turn around times I am seeing. I had this package overnighted to me because I have a time critical project. Wonderful... :'(

~Randy

MacPro 8-Core Xeon, OS X 10.6.2

rthorderson

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Different License Issue
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 06:10:50 am »
Next...I loaded eLicenser on a PC, and attempted to load a license onto the USB Dongle. I was able to connect to eLicense (strong evidence that my internet connection was not the cause of the original issues)...but now I get the error...

- License Download
- The activation code has been used already. An activation code can be used only one to download or upgrade a license.
-Please contact your software vendor to get a valid activation code.

This looks more like other posts I've seen. Hopefully they can get me a proper activation code soon.

I have also purchased the V-Collection which is due for delivery in March. I am very much considering cancelling my order...not because this has happened to me, but that I am seeing far too many similar issues from other users in the forum. I am not encouraged at all with my first experience with Arturia products.

I hope they make things right.

~Randy (case 84993)

rthorderson

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 05:08:48 pm »
One more update...the eLicenser on my Mac is working now...I am guessing that the eLicense site just must have been down. Now, if I can just get a valid Activation Code to use...

...sigh...
 :-\

~Randy

rthorderson

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 03:02:44 pm »
RESOLVED - I receieved a note from Technical Service (Antoine) Monday morning that asked me to hit the Restore button in eLicenser. That did the trick, but I am not sure if there was something they did on their side first.

Anyways, considering I entered the Tech ticket over a weekend, and they straightened things out first thing Monday morning, I am feeling a little better about my Arturia purchase.

1) Yes, a weekend response would have been nice...but first thing Monday seems reasonable.

2)Arturia really should clean up their documentation for installation for the AF product. The instructions in the box were wrong, the CD has the wrong licensing software, and the instructions online are not exactly right for AF. All very fixable issues. The general lack of info or mis-info made this installation far more stressful than it needed to be.

Now back to making some music...

Cheers!

~Randy
www.randythorderson.com

Antoine

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 03:27:28 pm »
RESOLVED -
(...)

1) Yes, a weekend response would have been nice...but first thing Monday seems reasonable.
But we sleep during weekends!  :)

2)Arturia really should clean up their documentation for installation for the AF product.
Well, depending on when your pack was released, the documentation was then accurate, but certainly is now "outdated" (Syncrosoft is now Steinberg eLicenser, no Wizard anymore, etc.). The authorization flow stays the same however.
ex-Arturian

willygsnug

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2013, 03:23:38 am »
A connection to the license server could not be established, because the license server is currently not available (e.g. due to maintenance work).

Please try again later, or contact your software vendor's support department in case the problem persists.

Click 'OK' to proceed with further maintenance tasks, or click 'Cancel' to stop the maintenance procedure

Why can't I access my instruments- its been days since my purchase.

unacceptable

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines