March 28, 2024, 09:43:30 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Hoover >:)  (Read 3480 times)

KrisM

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hoover >:)
« on: November 26, 2013, 06:08:22 pm »
Seems a little dead around here, so I thought I'd toss in something.

The little guy will do a passable ravey sound, with it's own brutish charm. Would this make the MicroBrute the first mass-produced analog to be able to make this sound? Anyway, for the basic patch...

Square and PWM to max, and route your LFO to PWM to get some motion in the ocean. Route your EG to pitch, and set the Attack, Decay, Sustain, and Release all at about 25% (you can adjust later for your needs). Add in the sub oscillator and adjust to taste, and don't forget to dial in a little glide. And clearly, LFO Amount to max, rate to taste (should be pretty fast), and use the Triangle) Really that's about it, though to thicken the sound up more w/ out a chorus, use the Metalizer, Ultrasaw, and Brute Factor (gentle with this one).

Of course, if you have a chorus to feed the MicroBrute through, it sounds a lot more authentic  ;D

It's not perfect, there's no sawtooth PWM like on the Alpha Junos and you can't modulate the chorus with a LFO, but hey, I like it.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 06:46:42 pm by KrisM »

Biome Digital

Re: Hoover >:)
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 11:27:50 am »
I will try this later. You could try modulating the ultrasaw with the LFO and a chorus is essential in my opinion! :D

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines