April 23, 2024, 04:53:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark Vintage inside REAPER DAW?  (Read 2677 times)

wwjd

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Spark Vintage inside REAPER DAW?
« on: December 29, 2013, 05:12:28 pm »
Bought the V-COLLECTION with Spark Vintage.  Install and registration seemed to go perfectly, but no sign of SPARK anywhere.  Everything made an icon and is available inside REAPER, my DAW.  I had to make an icon (on desktop) for Spark from the start menu.  And there seems to be no DLL/VSTi to run from inside DAW?

Before I attempt a reinstall of everything (possibly screwing up my fully successful registrations) is there something else to try or setup?
I find the SPARK directory under my C: Prog Files with everything else, but nothing of spark was installed in my 32 or 64 VSTi plugin directories as I had directed them to.
The install went perfect, everything else works perfectly.

Did I miss something somewhere?   HALP!   :D
Maybe Spark will not run INSIDE a DAW?  If not, how do I RECORD sound from it, synced up?

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
Re: Spark Vintage inside REAPER DAW?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 08:43:10 am »
Normally when you install it, it asks you to choose the place where you want to install the VST (both 32 and 64 bit).
You can try to install it again, it should not brake your registration.
Kevin
Soft Arturia

wwjd

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 03:38:28 pm »
Thanks, Kevin, I'll try reinstall again.

It did asked me where to put the 32 and 64 versions and those worked great, just Spark was left out.  I'm on Windows 8.1

Kevin

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 03:41:53 pm »
Not sure to understand what you mean by "worked great, just Spark was left out".
Kevin
Soft Arturia

wwjd

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 04:52:13 pm »
I did the general full V-Collection install, and it asked where to put the 32 bit and the 64 bit versions - which I specified on the B: drive (not the standard C: drive), and all the other parts installed there on B: and work fine.  Everything, except Spark, installed for use inside a DAW.  Spark installed in C:, but didn't make any icons on the desktop like the rest did, and doesn't show up in DAW like the rest.   I just thought it would be where everything else was, but manually checking the 32bit and 64bit VST directories, there is no sign of Spark.  But everything else works great.

Now, if there were options for RTAS or AAX during install, I would have chosen to NOT install those as they are not used or needed in my system.... otherwise, everything else in the V-Collection installed where expected, and works in REAPER DAW.

Thanks for the help, Kevin.  I'll try re-install in a day or two when I get back home.

Kevin

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2013, 04:56:50 pm »
Ok I understand now better.
Try to download and install latest Spark Vintage update.
Kevin
Soft Arturia

wwjd

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2013, 12:35:07 am »
Update fixed everything, inside the DAW and out.
Thanks for the timely answer, Kevin!  MUCH appreciated!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines