April 24, 2024, 11:36:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Found a major glitch in the User|Blank|Presets section!  (Read 3749 times)

Anonymous

Found a major glitch in the User|Blank|Presets section!
« on: October 08, 2003, 01:31:44 am »
Just in case someone else hasn't run across this (or am I the only one?) I found the following.

After having programmed using the User|Blank|Blank_Synth as a starting point I discovered that for some reason the Oscillator Driver #2 is +3 semitones off with respect to Osc Drv #1. Osc Drv #3 is fine. Additionally, the 3 respective Osc's belonging to Osc Driver #2 do not tune relatively to each other.  :shock:

The other User|Sub-Banks seem to be fine as well as the packaged presets. I will create my own new "Blanks" for future use so there's no problem. Just thinking of modular synth newbies who might panic.

Just another quick mention. I've been drooling over pictures of both the System 55 and its predecessors and the MiniMg since I was idolizing Isoa, Keith and Wendy from the late 60s and early 70s. I finally bought the signature MiniMg Voyager last Dec, and now I finally have the power of the modular V. All I can say is WEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAA!!! You folks have developed an absolutely incredible application! My iddy biddy bwain is about to expwode!!

I've only tried it with the default Soundblaster so I'm dying to route it to the Yamaha DSFactory and SW1000XG to see if I can lower the latency a bit and surely enjoy an even more awesome sonic quality.

Thank you all very much for creating such a fine musical tool!

JBGee

Dale

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2003, 07:00:08 pm »
Hi JBGee,

I think your tuning problem is with the 1st and 2nd Oscillator in the second bank, and not the driver itself.  If you RIGHT click on the Frequency knobs you can change the coarse tuning.  It's a little confusing because the knob can't display coarse and fine settings at the same time.  I think somebody must have missed these settings when creating the "Blank synth" preset.

Hope this helps!

peace,

Dale

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2003, 10:09:26 pm »
Thanks, Dale!

You were right on the money!

Peace to you as well!

JBgee

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines