March 28, 2024, 06:28:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MiniBrute to have a sequencer in OS update?  (Read 12286 times)

alternating.bit

MiniBrute to have a sequencer in OS update?
« on: October 25, 2013, 01:20:22 pm »
I heard a rumor that a step sequencer (like on the Micro) may be actually added in some future firmware update for the MiniBrute... is that true?
My MiniBrute Review:
http://youtu.be/cFU-mGKfb0g

sparki

Re: MiniBrute to have a sequencer in OS update?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 01:46:17 pm »
really? this would be awesome!

zedius

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 04:35:08 pm »
I agree that rests and a basic sequencer would be quite well received on the minibrute. The functionality is almost there, so it doesn't seem it would take much to push it to the next level.

Transposition of the sequences would be amazing too - like a programmable Arp pattern.

shoggoth

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 08:35:05 pm »
Are you both aware of the "secret" 16 step sequencer\arp mode that already exists? Use the connection software to set the Minibrute ARP to order played, then while the ARP is on Hold, press and hold down a key, then switch the ARP to off, and switch back to on again (all while holding a key down). Now you can enter up to 16 notes which will then repeat.

Also, I found that Yves posted on the anafrog forum (here: http://forum.anafrog.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=6151&p=182503#p182503) that a "rest" option will become available on the next update.

UncleToad

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2013, 10:15:04 am »
The last OS update for the MiniBrute seems to be from last November - almost an entire year ago!!
What's the hold up? Surely between working on the Microbrute and the other products they should have had time to update the MiniBrute too? !

Can someone enlighten us?

Paul

yusynth

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2013, 04:51:14 pm »
Bruno who is in charge of the MiniB's firmware has been working hard on the development of the microB. But now that the microB is launched, an update of the MiniB firmware will be there soon. (how soon I can't say)

svmcwd

• https://steppenwolfvonmensch.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2013, 01:09:00 am »
I just hope that it will be possible to enter a new sequence without retriggering the clock when the arpeggiator is in hold mode. As it is now, in the "secret" mode (isn't that a bug?) it fulfills that duty, but it runs through all steps all the time and it's just possible to add new notes in the existing sequence.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 03:30:12 am by svmcwd »
Veganism rules.

kickprod

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2013, 02:14:42 am »
Kinda let down the micro brute does what the mini brute should do already .

snowcrash

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2013, 04:10:30 pm »
I just hope that it will be possible to enter a new sequence without retriggering the clock when the arpeggiator is in hold mode.
Tip: When clocked to an external Midi-Clock the ARP sequence does not retrigger when entering a new sequence!

I gladly found this out when I bought a Midipal for clock duties to sync it to the Microbrute. :)

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2013, 06:41:37 am »
The microbrute's sequencer is reasonably versatile and easy to use, especially with the options you can set in the recently released connection software. While I still think it's missing ties/legato, I'm hoping Arturia back ports this great feature to the MiniBrute.

zedius

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2013, 07:18:36 pm »
I just hope that it will be possible to enter a new sequence without retriggering the clock when the arpeggiator is in hold mode.
Tip: When clocked to an external Midi-Clock the ARP sequence does not retrigger when entering a new sequence!

I gladly found this out when I bought a Midipal for clock duties to sync it to the Microbrute. :)

Snowcrash, I'm not sure I understand what you are saying here. Can you describe the application of this?

Thanks!

Quinthius

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2013, 11:16:03 pm »
When the Minibrute is not receiving clock from an external source, and you have the ARP going, if you hit new notes it will start those notes "instantly" as you hit the keys, so you will hear what sounds like it starting slightly out of time, either too early or too late depending on when you hit the keys, so you have to have very precise timing for it to sound good.

When clocked to an external source, ARP running, when you hit new keys, it won't "trigger" those new notes instantly as you press the keys, but rather will wait until the next tic/pulse to play the new note(s) so that it will be in perfect time with the tempo.

Personally I'm not sure WHY the first option would be preferred over the second.  I think the MB ARP should behave the same even when only receiving its own internal clock.

snowcrash

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2013, 12:09:24 pm »
@Quinthius: Thanks for elaborating!

The instant- reset of the Arp, when working standalone (not externally synced), can be useful when playing e.g. to a drummer in a band. Simply to resync manually where you'll never be 100% tight with tap tempo etc... it works very well with a little practice though I think this behaviour should be a custom setting in the Connection Software.

Quinthius

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2013, 07:39:55 pm »
Ahh that makes sense, thanks for pointing that out!

zedius

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2013, 11:19:27 pm »
Thanks for the explanation guys. That makes sense.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines