March 28, 2024, 03:22:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: No song position pointer means sync is impossible and the arp useless  (Read 4510 times)

wbonx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I spent quite a lot of time to discover at the end that the Minibrute doesn't support the song position pointer option.

This means that starting the arpeggiator in the middle of your song ,a DAW would make always the arp out of sync.
It would eventually stay in time, this means follow the beat count, but without a retriggering of the arpeggiator based on the actual position it will always stay out of sync.
Suppose you have a drum playing at the beginning of each bar, but you are editing bar 12, when you push play at the beginning of bar 12 the drum will play but the minibrute will recapitulate the last position of the arpeggiator based on the midi sych clock received but without understanding to be at the beginning of the bar and will eventually play with a certain delay (proportional to the offset).

This because it can't receive a song position pointer.

this does't happen at the beginning of the song (bar 1) because of the midi clock start signal that will trigger it correctly, unlucky the midi clock start signal is produced on all the DAW only at the beginning of a song (bar 1).

You should definitely fix this, or half of the fun is gone.

How can be the firmware update so late? There is not even support for the ipad (is not compatible with the energy compliance).
Come on guys.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 05:48:12 pm by wbonx »

wbonx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: No song sosition pointer means sync is impossible and the arp useless
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 05:47:52 pm »
.... getting bored of being able to work only at playhead position.

Time for a firmware update?

stevism

• Beta-testers
Re: No song position pointer means sync is impossible and the arp useless
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 06:19:19 pm »
NO FIRMWARE FOR YOU!!!

lol i want this feature too...just got an octatrack and it's annoying for this very reason...have to time the switch properly

wbonx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 05:51:02 pm »
Point is that this is not a feature..... is something included in every synth since ever.

It is a bug that 2 years after, no one took care of.

Same as the ipad connection, how can be produced in 2012 a device not apple compliant, is ridiculous.

I just noticed today my brute looping midi messages I think on ch33 when ever the modulation weel is the middle... another bug... it should only comunicate the change and not saturate the chain looping midi messages.

Another bug is when the arpeggiator is on hold the up down up/down selector doesn't work anymore.

They implemented a sequencer without the possibility to work with it either on the software or on the hardware.... except them by using the weird trick.

I'm getting a bit frustrated.... and we should also consider that for each person complaining here there are 100 that say nothing but have the same problem.

stevism

• Beta-testers
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 08:17:41 pm »

Another bug is when the arpeggiator is on hold the up down up/down selector doesn't work anymore.

i thought so too at first, but actually it does still work. you have to have octaves set to more than 1.

so if you have 3 octaves selected, it will play in the order of up/down/etc, except all of the "held" notes will play in that octave and then all the notes will move by an octave

They implemented a sequencer without the possibility to work with it either on the software or on the hardware.... except them by using the weird trick.

this was actually always a bug, not a feature. it's just a weird glitch in the hold functionality, and has never been "official"

maybe the next firmware will more appropriately support this.

I'm getting a bit frustrated.... and we should also consider that for each person complaining here there are 100 that say nothing but have the same problem.

agreed  :o

gajimicu

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 10:30:31 am »
Ouch I was looking into finding a solution to this problem but you just crushed my hopes...  :o

I have to play a live set with 8 songs in the same ableton live project with varying tempo for my arpeggiator synchronisation, but it is not synchronising correctly... This is infuriating  >:( !

Do you know if the problem is the same on the microbrute ?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines