March 29, 2024, 01:53:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: iPod LFO App?  (Read 2914 times)

KAE

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
iPod LFO App?
« on: December 15, 2013, 07:10:21 pm »
Has anyone seen this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sPVUkHEhI8

Can the headphone output from an IOS device really drive the CV inputs of the MicroBrute?  ???
I'm not ready to spend $2 only to find out it's a scam.

spydabee

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: iPod LFO App?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 09:43:43 pm »
Well, don't worry, I spent all £1.49 of my money to try it for you ;)

It isn't a scam, it does work - sort of. The output isn't high enough to get the full range of modulation, and this is at full "Amount" plus maximum headphone volume. The interface is horrible - the buttons are very unresponsive, and it only seems possible to get complex modulations.

So - is it worth a whole $2? Well, you're not getting anything like the kind of quality of app we have come to expect for even this tiny amount of money, but then I would struggle to buy even a single bottle of beer for this, and when you consider his potential market is pretty small, I don't begrudge having spent it.

KAE

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 01:30:31 am »
Thank you! I wasn't sure if this was even possible. Unfortunately, I spent the remaining money in my Apple account on a photo app instead of this one. When I buy another iTunes card I'll try this one out. It would be cool if Arturia would make an expander module for the Brutes or even a micro modular synth someday. That patch bay is begging for it! ;)
Thanks again.

Flohr

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 06:38:00 pm »
In terms of the headphone output issue, some have suggested using a eurorack amplifier module to boost the signal. For those of us who don't have an amplifier module but do have an mixer with aux sends:

I have been wanting Brute LFO to work since I got my Microbrute but have had limited success. However, I just tried running the iPhone and iPad headphone outs into my Mackie and then using an aux send to send it to the brute's patch bay. Worked perfectly. Where before I could barely hear the effect unless it was an extreme setting, now I am able to bring in a range from nice subtle modulations to extreme FM weirdness. I've heard this issue (of the headphone out volume being too low) discussed in multiple places and while many people suggested using some sort of amplifier or module which I don't have, no one mentioned using a mixer. Hope someone finds this useful.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines