March 28, 2024, 11:10:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sequencer does not work anymore  (Read 60821 times)

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
Sequencer does not work anymore
« on: December 11, 2013, 10:16:43 am »
Some of the settings available from the Connection software seems to be misleading, and make some user think the sequencer is broken.

if you have at least one of the following issues:
 * Sequencer does not play recorded patterns when in PLAY mode
 * All patterns seems empty
 * The Tempo led is not blinking

In MicroBrute Connection software, set the following configuration:
Step On = Clk
SYNC = Auto

using Sequences tab on top of the main window, reset all sequences to factory default using dedicated button.

I highly recommend to read the Connection software user manual (bundled in the software zip file). It will give many explanation on the behavior of theses settings.

It has been seen that after update to version 1.0.3.2 the machine can(first time only) randomly resets itself in StepOn= Gate. after the update manually set it Clk.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 10:30:29 am by Bruno@arturia »
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

lee.picciotto

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Sequencer does not work anymore
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 10:05:04 am »
I had to switch auto to int to get my seqs to load via connection software and play them.figured I'd post that to help anyone experiencing any problems

breakfunknsoul

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 12:32:47 pm »
Hi there,

my sequencer doesn't seem to be working, ive tried the above suggestions with no effect. Im in the UK and ive ordered the microbrute from the US so Im using a different power supply than the one provided. Could this be the problem? Everything else seems to be wotking fine its just the sequencer that's not playing back the notes nor it seems to have any patterns recorded on it.

Thanks
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 02:11:21 pm by breakfunknsoul »

breakfunknsoul

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 04:32:21 pm »
Would someone be able to send me the default sequences or direct me to somewhere where I can download them so that I can load them into my microbrute.

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 09:08:27 am »
using MicroBrute Connection you have a button to reset to factory sequences.
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

ouij

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 06:55:49 am »
My sequencer does not appear to be working, either.

Sequencer control settings:
PLAY: Note On

SEQ RETRIG: Reset

NEXT SEQ: Instant REset

STEP ON: Clk

STEP: 1/4

SYNC: INT

I have tried pretty much any combination of the parameters in the microbrute connection software, and nothing happens. I can flip the sequencer mode toggle to "Record," play notes, flip the toggle to "OFF." But when I flip it to "PLAY" and hold a key, nothing happens. Doesn't matter if I have the Brute connected or not.

breakfunknsoul

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2014, 03:42:11 pm »
using MicroBrute Connection you have a button to reset to factory sequences.

tried that doesn't work

BichoVergara

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 07:02:58 am »
Hi everybody!
I recently bought my MicroBrute, and everything worked just perfect... until yesterday at night, when I update the firmware... since then the sequencer is having an odd behaviour... and I don't know if anybody is having the same trouble...
When I play a sequence, I can't modify the tempo with the "tap" button on the fly, as I used to (the tempo doesn't change at all). And the second issue is, when I'm playing a sequence and I move the "rate" knob, the tempo don't change gradually... it change from steps (4 different "steps", with  4 different tempos... and not the smooth tempo change that I used to be able to perform).
Somebody help me!!!

achtungmark

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 07:23:26 am »
Sequencer has stopped working totally!

Won't record or playback anything that I've tried to record. Have tried re-loading old stored sequences, re-recording sequences, and the settings Bruno recommended.

I must say that I totally unhappy about the situation! One of the reasons I bought the Micro Brute was for the sequencer, it appears that I'm stuck with a sequencer less synthesizer.

The synth is still under guarentee, but this SHOULD NOT be happening at all.

After reading through this forum, I can see only one answer from Arturia being the one from Bruno which doesn't work. I take very little comfort here that I'm not alone in this situation.

I can't avoid the feeling that the Micro-Brute, in general, has a genuine bug in the Sequencer hardware which Arturia are not dealing with.

Like I said, I am really very unhappy with this situation and the lack of an answer here.

Mark.

Alacaida

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2014, 04:47:30 pm »
I'm so upset cos my MicroBrute sequencer does not work at all anymore!!! I don't know what to do next. I lost my sequences in the middle of a session and... is anybody going to fix this outright?

Thanks

thehypergod

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2014, 06:24:54 pm »
I'd be interested to know this because the same thing is happening to me. The lack of information regarding this matter seems to be worrying at best. I have tried all of these "solutions" but none of them are working. I mean seriously guys? I really don't want to have to invest in another synth and return this one, and if I do, it's not going to be an Arturia one.

Disgraceland

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2014, 04:34:07 pm »
I have exactly the same issue.

This is pretty sh*t, tbh - looking at the age of the first post and the fact that there is still obviously an issue, you would have thought that Arturia would have put a fix out there.

I had to change the sync setting to INT, not AUTO
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 04:42:54 pm by Disgraceland »

cutups

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2015, 07:27:52 am »
I purchased a microbrute and I'm finding that the sequencer functions don't work.

The synth functions seem to work overall, but not the sequencer.

When i switch to record (or play for that matter), nothing lights up.   Changing any of the options does nothing.
I've tried to go into record mode and record something, then go to play to play it back, but nothing.

I updated the firmware to 1.0.3.2, but no change.  I tried some of the suggestions here, such as
setting it to INTERNAL (and AUTO) and Step on CLK, but no change.   I wonder is there any other update
or setting I can try?  Or could it be a defect in the sequencer overall?

Thanks!

Robbie

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2015, 02:18:49 am »
My sequencer seems to work fine, but then when I've recorded a sequence into slot #2 and play it for a bit, then switch back to slot #1, I find sequence #2 in both locations.  At first, I thought I must have done something wrong, switching the sequence while in record mode or something, but now I just spent several minutes happily jamming between #1 and #2, then out of nowhere #2 has been copied to #1 and what I had in #1 is just lost.

I'm trying to prepare for a live set for a gig this weekend and now I'm thinking I can't trust the microbrute to go with me for fear that I'll switch it on and not have the patterns I need.

I've figured out that when you put the sequencer into record mode and switch to another pattern, then switch out of record mode, the original pattern is copied to the new location.  Is this a bug or a feature?  It is not mentioned in the manual.  I guess it could be useful.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 05:26:12 pm by Robbie »

Vic-tor

• Sound designer & Jedi
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2015, 09:39:23 am »
Hey, did you take a look at Bruno's advices in the original post ?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines