April 19, 2024, 04:50:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Just EDM or Spark LE  (Read 2276 times)

jwh

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Reverbnation
Just EDM or Spark LE
« on: December 10, 2013, 01:11:03 pm »
Hi,
Do I just buy the EDM software, or do I buy the Spark LE with the expansion packs
Is what I get on the EDM expansion kit, the same as on the EDM software bought separately.
In other words does it have patterns ?

Thanks
John
i7/16GB RAM, Win 7 X 64, SONAR X3D Producer
V-Studio20, HagstromF200P, Ibanez Talman, Fender Bass, Rokit 8 Monitors, Maschine MK2, Spark LE

Jay Bits

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Just EDM or Spark LE
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 02:20:31 pm »
i'm pretty sure the EDM kit is always the same. the software itself is allways spark. so there should be no differences between the expansion kit and the edm-spark version.

but let me tell you, you'll get much more comfort when you buy the controler. try to work on the software without the controler is laborious. and you get the expansion kits for free this month, when you buy spark ;) so you have the controler and much more samples than only the EDM tunes.

jwh

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 04:50:52 pm »
Thanks for the reply Jay Bits, I will buy the controller.

John  :D
i7/16GB RAM, Win 7 X 64, SONAR X3D Producer
V-Studio20, HagstromF200P, Ibanez Talman, Fender Bass, Rokit 8 Monitors, Maschine MK2, Spark LE

Jay Bits

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 08:34:16 pm »
i realy love this thing. had tried some roland SP's and ended up with Korg ESX as drumsampler. then i saw the Spark... since i bought spark i did'nt touch anything else of my other hardware stuff  ;D
if only the software would be a bit more reliable...

kcearl

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 07:46:54 am »
get into Goldbaby and Wave Alchemy samples and start making your own kits...thats where this really shines, cured my GAS for several drum machines...one of my favourite pieces of kit

creepjoint

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2013, 09:36:27 pm »
So is the sm basic funcionality in all the Spark software.

I just got the v collection so have Spark VDM.
I got all excited when I found the free packs and was reading about the physical modelled drum modules.
Also the sample import looked very tasty as there appear to e interesting tools to shape the tone.

I cant install the free packs as I get the message I need to install Spark and cant find any of the the exciting looking physical modelling synthesis modules. The only import i can find is for Rex and midi but no wave files.

Im not interested in buying extra packs as I like to roll my own but would have been interested in learning from the free stuff.

So is the functionality the same in all versions or not, theres very little clear information anywhere on the net
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 09:39:15 pm by creepjoint »

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2013, 08:39:55 am »
the main difference between SparkLE and Spark Dubstep/EDM/VDM despite the hardware controller is that you can load your own samples in the full version of SparkLE software.
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines