April 27, 2024, 04:41:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Installation issues  (Read 4061 times)

butgrape

Installation issues
« on: September 02, 2006, 02:08:59 pm »
I have had a look through the forum and havent found an answer...........

I recently purchased miniMgv 1.0. I am trying to anstall it on a powerbook g4 OSX 10.4.7 for use with logic pro 7. The installer says it has installed but it doesn't show up in logic. When I try to open it in stand alone mode it quites before opening.

I thought the update may help but there seems to be a problem with the site so I cant down load the update. Can anyone help??? please please please
Martin

Fall Alone

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Installation issues
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 08:08:51 pm »
Hello . OK - I've just bought the vintage instruments package.  I'm trying to get it working on a G5 quad with 10.4.6 on it.  Both  Mg Modular and miniMg V refuse to open as stand-alone instruments - both say "...quit unexpectedly..blah blah". I too read around a bit and came to the conclusion that this was to be expected and that all I needed to do was get some updates. I, like you , found that the site isn't working.

So...then I tried to get them working as Logic plug ins.   (Logic 7.1.0).
So far I have succeeded in getting Mg Modular to work. That's as far as I've got at this point - this is a work in progress.  Can I ask - when you installed your software and you got to the bit where it asks which you want out of the choices "Standalone, VST, RTAS and AU " (not necessarily in that order) - did you check the box for AU? If not, or if you aren't sure, trying running the installer again and making sure that is done.  Then try Logic again.  

I didn't have any nonsense about validation - once I done all that Logic made it available as an audio instrument.  Might  be worth a go.......

Good luck and I REALLY hope that site isn't out of action for long!!

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers.

butgrape

Installation issues
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 10:21:28 pm »
Hi

Thanks for the help. Yeah, I checked AU... .so I'm out of ideas for now!!!! I wonder how long the site has been down for... I hope it is just an update issue because I can't work out what else it might be at the moment... I'm Mg hungry!!!

Fall Alone

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Installation issues
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 11:06:17 pm »
I bought mine in the Vintage Instruments package and there was a "spare" CD in there which had an update for the miniMg on it, although it took a little digging around to find it.  I imagine you'd have installed that if you had it but, just in case, I installed and launched it, found that it didn't work, then found out that it (the update) had to be launched with the original miniMg program disc in the CD drive (phew!) and then it worked.  (Thirsty on the CPU, mind you).

Having done that, I now have the standalone and the AU version working.  I'm afraid I can't mail you it because I've got a very slow dial-up connection and it's 40 MB.  

On the off-chance that you did get an updates disc, you have to click on the HTML "Mac index" (or something like that) file and open Safari and take it from there.
I suspect you've done as much as you can for the time being though - I feel your pain but all I can say is - the update does work and I was in just the same situation as you before I installed it.

Oh - and also I found a message in a google cache of an Arturia page (currently unavailable due to the Arturia site being down). It basically apologised for the support being a bit useless just at the moment, because of holidays, and said that the worst bit would be August 26th until September 4th.  So hopefully they should be getting busy again tomorrow and getting the site back up.  So with luck you won't have to wait too long.

Good luck.

Cheerio.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines