March 28, 2024, 04:34:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Wish List: Extensibility, other things ....  (Read 7957 times)

looneytunes

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Wish List: Extensibility, other things ....
« on: September 01, 2006, 08:20:09 pm »
Hi everyone,

I am enjoying my Analog Factory - it is a nice bundling of their synths.  I hope Arturia are monitoring this -- I have some ideas:

:idea: Extensibility for Analog Factory:
   I own CS 80v, Modular MgV, MiniMgV, and Arp 2600V.  I would love for the ability to export my own patch into Analog Factory.  This would provide incentive for AF owners to buy one of the full instruments, and possibly provide incentive for full instrument owners to buy a 'playback' version of the instrument like AF.

:idea: Octave Transpose as a common control.
    I can live with most of the common controls that the authors allow us to tweak on the AF interface.  I often do not like the transposition value that authors have set on the presets, and I have no way to edit this.  This really hampers usability.

:idea: Configurability to (4) general control knobs.  
    I often listen to Arp 2600V patches that have much more delay/reverberation for my tastes.  I find that I can tone-down the delay from the pre-asigned delay knob, but I can not adjust the level into the spring-reverb.  Since the "general knobs" have been pre-assigned to other things I'm not interested in, I'm just out-of-luck

A better solution would be to allow 'drop-down' parameter menus on the general knobs, that allow one to re-assign the general knob to a different parameter.

:idea: Preset/favorite button stores favorites per basic voice

Similar to GMedia's MiniMonsta, it would be convenient for the 'favorite buttons' to provide user-settable variations on the current patch, rather than (or in additional to) simple global favorites.

Hope this is of help for Arturia in designing 2.0!    :D

Regards,
Kevin L

looneytunes

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 08:38:15 pm »
Hi again,

I think that Analog Factory (as a runtime version of all the other -V plugs) would make a wonderful addition to Muse Research Receptor.

Kevin L

EwaldK

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • http://www.ewaldkegel.com
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2006, 11:06:56 pm »
Hi,

after a week of working with AF Reloaded I have following remarks:

* screen is way too big
it already would make it better if you could hide the keyboard, modulation wheel and pitch bender, because these take up 1/4 of the plug in and are for me completely useless (the knobs above the keyboard I want to see as well as the upper section)

* the naming of patches is inconsistent and strange
you have a lot of patches with names like "Lead1" or patches that start with number ("09-reverb") and very often these names do occur double for different synths

* i noticed there a patches with different names that sound exactly the same, for example lead_11 and lead_14 (miniMg)

* the volume level between patches is very different and can be very annoying scrolling through patches: sometimes I have patches that are way too loud, leading too extreme distorted volumes in Logic; there is no way of saving an edited volume level (only as a snap shot)

* you should be able to overwrite settings
for example if I select " Lead"  as category I noticed there are several patches which have no way of playing a melody so i would rather want to file them under "efx" or "percussion"
the only clumpsy work around would be to save as user preset and then select for example as favorit; it would be much easier to directly overwerite settings on standard patches (maybe introduce some kind of expert mode allowing this)

* "AND" selection
when you select a category it broadens your search (OR), it would nice to have an option to narrow your search (AND) (maybe by Ctrl-clicking or something)

* Logic
i noticed an inconsistency with Logic: i use the numeric keypad in Logic to operate transport in the song. if AF is active that's not longer possible; i have this with no other plug in, even in the plug in is active i'm still able to use transport buttons in logic. I have to click in a Logic window to use transport controls again.

AF is a good soft synth, but i think it could use some polishing in some areas.

EwaldK

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 08:59:00 am »
One more:
being able to search by patch name

koma

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 10:42:48 am »
Hey Ewaldk,
at the the top on the right of your screen you have three items/buttons where you can choose how big your screen is. You can choose between only keyboard, only browser or complete.

EwaldK

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2006, 11:04:49 pm »
Quote from: "koma"
Hey Ewaldk,
at the the top on the right of your screen you have three items/buttons where you can choose how big your screen is. You can choose between only keyboard, only browser or complete.

yeah I know, but as I mentioned the upper screen and the knobs are very necessary to display together; on the other hand the pitch bender, mod wheel and keys are useless (if you have a keyboard) so that's the section that i would want to hide. And that's currently not possible.

EwaldK

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2006, 11:17:41 pm »
Well a few things more I noticed after now seriously working on a some songs:

* You have a CPU indicator which indicated load weight 1 (light) to 5 (heavy); I noticed some 1 patches lead to spontaneous bringing the processor down its knees and 5 patches don't seem to have a lot a stress on the processor;
so it's not really a great indicator

* if you have different instances of AFR it seems to take forever to load a song (I use Logic); I hope in future versions this process can be smoothened.

EwaldK

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2007, 09:56:54 pm »
As Arturia employee (?) Kappa in another thread said there would now be some regular presence from Arturia, I'm really looking forward for some feedback to issues raised in this thread.

thacrates

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re:
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2007, 11:21:14 pm »
I like the product as well and haven't had too many problems with it, but, Arturia, you guys are doing yourself a HUGE diservice by ignoring your costumer base, not to mention the people who read this and don't post things...

EwaldK

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2007, 05:01:22 pm »
OK, it's been quite a while since I posted my complaints about the Analog factory (reloaded), but today I happened to have some time to play with the Beta 6 on my  Core2 Duo MacBook with Logic 8.

Although I will need some more time to go into detail for all my previous complaints it looks like the most I mentioned previously are still there (the big screen, the unclear patch names, long load times). I also played a little with the new JV-8 patches which are ofcourse a very nice addition.
Some patches I noticed could easily bring the processor to it's knees (a Core2 Duo s not the most shabby in town).

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines