March 28, 2024, 02:59:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Crash After Closing Project  (Read 1958 times)

Babz

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Crash After Closing Project
« on: November 22, 2013, 07:29:09 pm »
I am using Analog Lab 1.05 AU with DP 8.0.5 (64 bit). I just did my first major project with Analog Lab. Really loved the sounds, which quickly became an essential part of a remix I did.

However, I found that my DAW would crash (unexpectedly quit) after I closed a project.

After much careful testing and troubleshooting, I have pinpointed Analog Lab as the source of the problem. I now have a test project that has ONLY Analog Lab plugins in it and I get Crash On Close. I have other projects with NO Analog Lab and I never get Crash On Close. I also have crash reports that indicate Analog Lab as the source of the crash.

I was wondering if anyone else out there has experienced this issue?

I have reported the issue to Arturia tech support.

Thanks,
Babz

reddog

Re: Crash After Closing Project
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 01:28:48 am »
I had a similar problem using Analog Lab with Logic Pro 9.1.8 on my old 17" MacBook Pro running OSX 10.6.8.

I've recently bought a new 15" MacBook Pro, retina display with OSX 10.9.  No problems now with Analog Lab.  Still using Logic Pro 9.  Maybe it's the extra cores and faster processor.

Babz

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Crash After Closing Project
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 04:49:05 pm »
Thanks, reddog.  At least I have confirmation of similar behavior with a different DAW host. I doubt the hardware change accounts for the change in your case. (I'm running on a quad core i7 Mac Mini, BTW.) But maybe Mavericks makes a difference. I'm still on ML 10.8.5.

FWIW, this is what a friend of mine, who is a programmer at Apple, had to say:

"I suspect the DAW has closed a plugin, but the plugin still has a timer or other periodic task going on; that's usually a programming error on the part of the plugin writer (you're supposed to stop all timers and observations when you get closed)."

Just a hypothesis.

Best,
Babz

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines