March 28, 2024, 07:47:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Best DAW for sparkLE and MiniLabs / PC-Windows  (Read 3779 times)

timjackson142

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Best DAW for sparkLE and MiniLabs / PC-Windows
« on: November 20, 2013, 06:08:21 am »
If your a regular reader of these forums you will have seen that I have been trying to use SparkLE and Minilabs/Analog labs as VSTi inside Mixcraft 6.1. See http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/index.php?topic=14369.0

According to Arturia it tuns out that Mixcraft 6.1 can't use SparkLE. Equally Minilabs crashes (almost) everytime you change voices when used as a VSTi inside Mixcraft.

As a result I need to buy a new DAW as replacing Mixcraft ($80au) is cheaper than replacing Arturia Minilabs and SparkLE ($400au).

I can't afford a fully fledged version of the major DAWs e.g. Pro Tools 11 so I have been looking at the mid tier type of DAWs. In essence I am a guitar/bass player and vocalist. I want to use SparkLE for drums because I like its workflow and Minilabs for basic synth because the voices are great even if the software is buggy as hell. I try to play in the genre of Seether, Shinedown, 3 doors down, staind etc but everything comes our Slash / ACDC.

I am basically down to the following but I am open to recommendations so long as you know they work from experience.

- Cakewalk SONAR X3 (Studio Edition)
- Cubase Artist 7
- Abelton Live (because my Boss recommended it).

I know some may say that it sill work with any DAW that supports VST/VSTi but if you look at the thread I mentioned you will see that that is not really true. Mixcraft supports VST/VSTi and SparkLE doesn't work and I don't want to make the same mistake twice.

My question is simple.

Will Minilabs/Analog lab and SparkLE work with properly these DAWs?

Regards
Tim

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines