April 18, 2024, 05:46:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sequencer Double Triggering AND not triggering....  (Read 2639 times)

cskerik

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Sequencer Double Triggering AND not triggering....
« on: December 13, 2013, 06:46:23 pm »
My sequencer is double triggering when played back by the internal clock.  If I enter c1c2, then play back, I get c1c1c2c2(same with rests). The envelope and VCA gate is triggered twice, the led blinks twice.  and no, no LFO is involved.

When played back by external clock via the gate it doesn't trigger the envelope (with step on set to gate).  If I have the VCA set to env, I get no sound, if set to gate it plays, but no envelope on the filter, or from the envelope output (and yes, they are both turned up) any gate is high for rests.  but, when I switch off the sequencer, the last note is held, when VCA gate is on, and I get no sound, even when hitting keys when the VCA is set to env.  The clock is still going to the gate in, and it won't trigger a sound.  until I switch the step on in connection to clk.  which then triggers the VCA in either gate or env mode and triggers the filter envelope.  (same one, i know)

so the gate is being held high, the pitch is tracking either by external cv, or by the sequencer, but rests are not followed, because the gate is high... works well if I wanted ties there, but that wasn't what I was going for....

Play/hold doesn't seem to affect anything when externally clocked.

???

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
Re: Sequencer Double Triggering AND not triggering....
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 09:49:24 am »
My sequencer is double triggering when played back by the internal clock.  If I enter c1c2, then play back, I get c1c1c2c2(same with rests). The envelope and VCA gate is triggered twice, the led blinks twice.
check than you don't have midi loop somewhere, disconnect Midi, USB and Gate In to be sure, it could explain why the notes are recorded twice.

When played back by external clock via the gate it doesn't trigger the envelope (with step on set to gate).  If I have the VCA set to env, I get no sound, if set to gate it plays, but no envelope on the filter, or from the envelope output (and yes, they are both turned up) any gate is high for rests.
what is the gate source you are using? is it a real gate or only a sync pulse. What is the voltage? to work it should be 0V for gate off,and minimum 5V for gate opened
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

cskerik

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 06:35:21 pm »
Thanks,

it seems to be the midi loop as it doesn't do it when I don't have logic on.  I think it was recording it twice. strange. so the sequencer can record from MIDI but not from CV/Gate?

as far as triggering the envelope, not sure what happened, its not doing it now (or rather it is triggering the envelope).  Clocked by a Wiard Noisering or Makenoise Maths.  Maths was a bit tricky, until you get the pulse width a bit longer, then it worked fine and noise ring double triggered a few times, but that's probably the noise ring being wonky...

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2013, 10:49:52 am »
yes it only records on Midi
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines