March 28, 2024, 10:59:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MicroBrute & Bach  (Read 4884 times)

mleghorn

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
MicroBrute & Bach
« on: November 12, 2013, 09:56:22 pm »
I just got my MicroBrute, and I'm having all sorts of fun with it. It's my introduction to hardware synths. Here's a track I created with it: http://soundcloud.com/mike-leghorn/bach-invention-8-in-f-major

I didn't use any processing other than reverb (Valhalla Room). I'm still figuring out the proper workflow for working with a hardware synth. For example, I didn't slow the tempo down before the final cadence. I can't simply go back and change the tempo like I could if I were using software synths. For one thing, I wouldn't even be able to duplicate all of the patches for a second take. Now I know to get the tempos right before recording a sequence. I'm also trying to figure out the best way to keep track of patches (spreadsheet?).

Mike

Devhammer

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Devhammer's Den
Re: MicroBrute & Bach
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 10:15:33 pm »
Nice track!

You should have gotten some blank patch overlays that you can use to record the knob positions for a given patch.

Failing that, you could also just do a snapshot with your phone, and save that for future reference.

insomniac

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 09:46:57 am »
This is great Mike! I was actually going to do the exact same thing (Invention #8 a la MicroBrute) :D
Really curious, did you play this by hand or via MIDI sequence (or even, by sequencer)?  If it was via MIDI then did you send the notes through usb? I can't seem to be able to send MIDI data through usb :/

At any rate, cool stuff and hopefully once I figure out how to properly record it I'll upload my rendition.

insomniac

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 02:49:07 am »
Here is a very rough work in progress version of my Invention 8 on microBrute.

UPDATE: Here is another work in progress: https://soundcloud.com/insomniac-10/invention-8-wip-3

https://soundcloud.com/insomniac-10/invention-8-wip (Older wip)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 05:46:02 am by insomniac »

mleghorn

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 04:07:41 am »
This is great Mike! I was actually going to do the exact same thing (Invention #8 a la MicroBrute) :D
Really curious, did you play this by hand or via MIDI sequence (or even, by sequencer)?  If it was via MIDI then did you send the notes through usb? I can't seem to be able to send MIDI data through usb :/

At any rate, cool stuff and hopefully once I figure out how to properly record it I'll upload my rendition.

Insomniac, I used MIDI sequences in Sonar X3, with MIDI out going into the MicroBrute, via regular MIDI cable.

insomniac

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 12:28:09 pm »
Ah via MIDI cable! I need to get myself one of those, thanks!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines