March 28, 2024, 06:53:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Minilab and latest Garageband  (Read 23179 times)

Way77

Minilab and latest Garageband
« on: November 09, 2013, 04:26:59 pm »
Hi

I'm using the Lab Software with the Minilab keyboard and am trying to play these sounds into the latest Garageband 10.0 using a Mac and OS10.9. How do you do this????

Thanks

Adrien

Re: Minilab and latest Garageband
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 12:31:23 pm »
Hello

First you need GB 10.0.1 because of a bug with apple sandboxing.
Secondly, This interface is pretty hard we will do a tuto maybe on hthis.

1. Select an intrument track
2. in menu view select "show smart controls" or something like this.
A panel should open at the bottom of the screen.
3. At the top left of this panel there is an "i" icon (like information) -> click on it
4. You should see at the right of the panel some details on the track appear.
5. on the bottom right of this detail sub-panel, you can see the current instrument, and inserts on the track, if you move your mouse over it you can add instruments.

A little helper :
http://downloads.arturia.com/downloads/support/howto/pdf/arturia_audio_units_with_garage_band_10.0.pdf

BTW, if you record a short screencast or screenshots on how to do it it can help others

best
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 03:49:37 pm by ben arturia »
Adrien Courdavault
DSP & Software engineer
Arturia

Way77

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 04:23:32 pm »
Hi Adrien,

Thanks for the reply. I followed your advice, which led to the screen (see attachment). I have the latest Garage band 10.0.1 and am using 10.9. Does this mean that the Arturia software is not compatible at this point?

Thanks

Adrien

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 09:52:06 am »
Hello

We had troubles because of eLicenser communication being blocked by Apple new idea to block process communications.
But after testing it on my own computer, I can say all softwares except Analog Lab 1.0.5 passed fine the test of AU on GB10.0.1 and MacOSX 10.9.
We will look into it for 1.1 (Coming soon).

I don't know why we have this regression on GB 10. But as it was working before, I'm sure this has something to do with this "new feature" of Apple.
The problem is that we have less people able to spend time changing the SW compatibility than apple has to introduce new stuff. But we are already working on It. (In fact we discovered this Friday after the release of 10.0.1) And didn t have time to do more tests.

I will pass this to the people in charge.  We will contact you when we have news.

Best
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 09:54:15 am by Adrien »
Adrien Courdavault
DSP & Software engineer
Arturia

sheldance

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 09:55:17 pm »
Any new news on this? I cannot get Analog Lab to work in Garageband 10.0.6 either.

jdforce

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 04:39:12 pm »
I didn't see this post and posted about the same on the analog lab-technical issues:

http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/index.php?topic=81984.0

I remark that the unified midi control center 1.1.0 is not working either (does not recognize my minilab) , but the older one (says version 1.1 but is not unified, works only for the minilab) does the job to make presets.  Am using latest Mavericks MacOSX. 

The Analog Lab software standalone, outside garageband, works perfectly, also with the older garageband.

Other than that, the Minilab hardware works great on garageband 10.0.2, and any other audio unit plugin i have works fine.

rmm123

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2014, 10:33:11 am »
I have GB 10.0.2  and Analog Lab 1.1   I saw the messages from March about this and now it is June and yet there is no fix!
It says it is not compatible.

First they drop all support for Origin.  Now the Minicab that I only bought 1 week ago is also buggy.  what gives?

rmm123

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2014, 09:53:33 am »
Well I went back to GB 6.5 and that works with AL. 

So I guess we now have to miss out on all those features that are in GB 10.  Glad I didn't waste money buying any GB add ons

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines