March 28, 2024, 11:49:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Abelton won't recognise Minibrute for audio input device  (Read 4274 times)

martinjah

Abelton won't recognise Minibrute for audio input device
« on: November 06, 2013, 11:38:15 am »
Hey, I'm sorry if this is a really basic question, but i am very new to synthesizers. I recently bought a Roland Gaia which I know has an in build audio interface. It was as simple as plugging it in to ableton and selecting it as the input source, and i could record and and all the mid i was synced etc straight away.

I now have a Minibrute, When i plug the minibrute in with usb, i try to change the sound inout in Ableton preferences to the minibrute, but it won't come up?
but do i need an interface to act as my sound card? Or can i just record everything / and sync it with midi on Ableton by directly plugging it to my computer just with the usb connection? I'm using a Mac. I've also tried to download the connection software on Arturia website but when i open it, it just seems to crash and not open up, any ideas?

Essentially all i want to do is record in to ableton and sync it with ableton, if that means i have to get an interface etc then fine, but if someone can tell me what i need to do, much appreciated!

Cheers,
James

T3k

Re: Abelton won't recognise Minibrute for audio input device
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 04:18:47 pm »
No audio over USB for the MiniBrute. The USB is only for MIDI in and out.

You'll need to plug the audio master output into your computer. Your computer probably has an audio in or mic jack. Use that, or use a USB audio interface. You could probably even use your Gaia's audio interface.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines