April 26, 2024, 12:35:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: The Fix List, Minilab with BIG issues: Things that MUST be addressed  (Read 7984 times)

jdmmade

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Frédéric Brun and Gilles Pommereuil, I am specifically directing this towards YOU. I am creating a thread of fixes that seriously need to be addressed, we paid cold hard earned cash for this unit and the encoders are severely unstable regardless of the recent updates.  Please fix this issue, I feel as if there is a latency between hardware and software that maybe causing this (could be CPU spikes that's doing it also), which then causes the encoders to jump and wobble.

- Knob encoders #1-16 (If this is a major hardware issue then the consumer has every right to know, so stop beating around the bush)

- Analog Lab crashing issues in Ableton Live

- Volume knob issue in Logic

- The DANG unstable ENCODERS: The behavior is literally in such a manner that when I turn the knob rapidly left and go to make a change to the right the virtual knob still continues to go left, same with the opposite side.  I turn right and go to make a left it continues going to the right etc. (Yes, I know I repeated myself :D )

- Customer Service (Seriously)

- Certain times during playing, a key just wont play a note or cut out prematurely. (Sometimes this happens, regardless if an audio interface is connected and ASIO enabled or disabled)

- Random burps and halts within syncing.

- Analog Lab within Ableton Live just decides to stop functioning, on the upside other VST's still function.

- The drivers and certain aspects/behaviors of the software need to be rewritten.  A suggestion would be to hire more experts to troubleshoot this issue. (Preferably a few Russians and I'm sure you'll be good lol)

- An automated process that installs the scripts for Ableton Live for people who are not tech savy. (This was not the case for me but specifically for people who won't know how to even enable the hidden folders)

If this isn't concerning you enough Arturia then maybe consider the posts that are being made similar to this one,

thetownie

"I'm thinking of returning this back to GC tomorrow.  1.) I'm still having a hard integrating with ableton 2.) the Analog Lab crashes every time I attempt to scroll through the presets"

mynameisstuart

"the minlab keeps dropping out in logic.  why is this? has anyone else had the issue with this little keyboard?  i wish i kept my money to spend down the pub." 

Greggo

"I have never encountered such a user UNFRIENDLY process for registering a product.  I have now spent way too much time just trying to get this SPARK EDM software authorized to use.  I bought it for my sons 13th birthday and I am now so angry and frustrated that I am going to take the software back to Guitar Center (not their fault) and get a refund.  So much for the birthday surprise.  My gosh people this is crazy!!!!! We bought the software enjoy and we all seem so frustrated with the stupid authorization process, it is just not worth the hassle.

Crazy! ." 

Now is this the kind of business you want on your hands?  It will start by one or two people for now. These numbers will most definitely grow and they will count, make no mistake.  There is absolutely no reason for professional musicians to look like petty beggars all because of a neglected product.  You are sending your customers to Akai and Korg.

Now don't get me wrong Arturia, the product is by far the best in its class and can be considered pro-consumer in many ways, but again we did pay good money to have a good product.  So please consider your customers and don't leave a reputation that will eventually cripple the business, lose it's customer base and at worst cause the company to close its doors.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 08:56:41 am by jdmmade »

edpdx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: The Fix List, Minilab with BIG issues: Things that MUST be addressed
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 04:55:45 pm »
Hey jd,

I am sorry to break it to ya! But you are most likely not to get an answer from Arturia anytime soon. You see! They do not care to reply or address any of the issues in a timely manner.

This keyboard was released and left to die upon arrival. I have owned this keyboard for a year now and have contacted Arturia several times they have only replied twice.

Get a refund for your keyboard and buy something else instead!

edpdx
http://macjams.com/artist/edpdx

Goon

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 06:05:42 pm »
I totally agree with both of you, the encoder issue really smacks this product down, and I for one will not be buying any Arturia products again. Wether it be hardware or software, tech support take weeks to reply (IF they reply) customer service is shocking.
This was my first Arturia product and my last, my next hardware synth will not be Arturia, would rather pay the extra for a REAL manufacturer that cares....

jdmmade

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 10:45:40 pm »
Well I think I am going to have to take this for consideration, I will be returning my MiniCrap for sure.  If even possible.  Does anyone else recommend a solid product, what other brand do you think would work and function awesomely for 100 dollars.  Lets be productive and talk about products that work other than arturia's armpit garbage.

Again thanks for your suggestions folks,

Jesus is Lord

« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 09:46:58 am by jdmmade »

jdmmade

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 08:46:42 am »
I honestly think some legal action is needed here for false advertising.  This product does not function.  Anyone who is willing to join, so be it.  We paid fair and square, WHERE IS MY PRODUCT?!  WHY ISN'T IT FUNCTIONING?!  Why aren't you doing your part arturia?!

Sign the petition here:

http://www.change.org/petitions/arturia-musical-instruments-minilab-this-petition-requests-fixes-that-pertain-to-the-minilab-unit-the-encoders-and-software-are-severely-unstable-regardless-of-the-recent-updates-this-problem-has-been-neglected-for-almost-a-year
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 09:47:57 am by jdmmade »

Goon

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 06:49:13 pm »
Not a single response from Arturia... Just shows the care they have for product and customers..

jdmmade

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 10:11:01 pm »
Don't worry, there will be a day when poverty strikes.  They won't even have computers to type back with.

Did you know the arturia sign is an A inside of an O have you noticed the logo or wondered what it means?

The arch in the A represents free masonry.  Like the grand architect compass.

They are representing apollo AKA the beast from the pit. 

If you own a minibrute you'll see his name on the power plug. 

Revelation 9:11

King James Version (KJV)

11 And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

Unfortunately apollo is trying to say he is A = Alpha and O = Omega.  Alpha and Omega represents the beginning of the greek alphabet and ending.  If you read the bible you know that the Lord speaks in parables.  It tells us in the bible:

Isaiah 14:12-14

King James Version (KJV)

12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

Hence why apollo calls himself AO (military, movies and music use AO trying to represent the beast).  He's trying to mimic and be like the most high, which is Jesus.

The Lord says:

Revelation 1:7-9

King James Version (KJV)

7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

9 I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.

I wash my hands from this company.  If I would of known earlier I would have never purchased this cheaply marked satanic item.  Away with your crooked and evil ways.

Jesus is Lord
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 10:26:56 pm by jdmmade »

Goon

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 06:44:06 pm »
Ok you lost my interest once you started spouting that crap...

jdmmade

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2013, 12:13:43 am »
You'll see soon enough what's to come.  Read the Book of Revelation.  It's funny you probably thought, "This guy's smart to start a petition and get his money back" at first.  As soon as I mention Jesus and the truth, I am automatically classified as a moron, idiot or crazy.  God bless you Goon.

Jesus is Lord
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 12:21:53 am by jdmmade »

Goon

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2013, 09:01:57 am »
Never said or called you any of those things, religion has no place in a forum about a company or its products.

Dav1d

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2013, 02:38:50 pm »
Sorry jdmmade,

Goon is right, If you have a specific request or problem.
Please open a ticket to :
==> technical-inquiry@arturia.com
I follow this box personnaly.

On the other side, we cannot tolerate religion or any other kind of under meaning related.

This topic is closed.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines