March 19, 2024, 05:50:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Prophet V crackling sound with 2 instances  (Read 20084 times)

JWaltman

Prophet V crackling sound with 2 instances
« on: August 19, 2006, 11:25:41 am »
Hi All,

This is really strange. When I open a 2nd instance of the Prophet the sound goes crackling, like in a CPU overload. but! My CPU isn't overloading by a long shot. my CPU meters in Logic barely go up, even the activity monitor doesn't show me much cpu increase.

This is the song:

track 1 : 2 voice (set to 2 voice, harpsichord preset of the Prophet 5)
track 2 : 1 voice (set to 1 voice, JMB_Dub_It_01 preset, also P5)
track 3 : kick&snare from Plugsound 3 (I've been using this plug for ages, almost no CPU load)

that's it!!

I was just beginning making a new song.

But the strange thing is, it doesn't always give the crackling sound.  sometimes when I hit play I hear it, sometimes it's ok.

Running Logic 7.2.1 on a dual 1.8 G5, with an M-Audio Delta44 soundcard, "auto input monitoring" turned off. Buffer size is 128 samples. At 16bit / 44.1 Khz.

What's happening? Apart from that, it sounds great :D

andrewa

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 07:06:26 am »
I have the same exact problem, but with Logic 7.1, MOTU 828mkII, OS 10.4.6 (and different presets). My CPU isn't close to maxing out either.

I haven't analyzed this close enough, but the wierd thing is that the sound of the first instance of Prophet V seems to effect the sound of the second instance - like the sounds are interacting....  ???

I love the sound of Prophet V, but this is a serious problem!

JWaltman

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 03:18:08 pm »
yes indeed.. would be nice to use multiple instances ;)

JWaltman

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 08:04:44 pm »
I got a reply, they can reproduce the problem. This bug will be solved in the next update.

andrewa

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 08:42:15 pm »
Thanks for the info - Looking forward to a fix!

demantic

Exactly the same problem with Live 6 on a MacBook
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 06:45:48 am »
The 2 instances are crackling too, without any overload of the CPU. I have exactly the same project with Live on my PC, and the problem doesn't appear. I have the 1.1 version.

JWaltman

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2006, 06:39:57 pm »
Arturia knows about this problem for a while now, as well as some other bugs. When will we get the update??

Sawtooth

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2006, 04:57:26 am »
I have expierenced the same kind of problem.   Im running pro tools LE & the ProphetV, while using just ONE instance of the prophetV as an RTAS plug in it Seems FINE, BUT(as you might have guessed) Using 2 or more instances of the prophetV plug in Is Completly Useless!, The sound becomes distorted & Completly NOT Usable. :!:

You know,there's somthing I really have to say because I feel it's important that arturia & their product user's should be aware of:  Theres No question about wheather or not Arturia's products Look cool or realistic AND they have some nice sounds(realistic as well) But I just seem to keep having bad experience with these products as far as stability & reliability, I think Arturia REALLY NEEDS to locate AND FIX the bugs & issues that their softwares have.   They're really nice products That have alot of potential for making music Except for the fact that none of their products seem to be free of problematic issues(bugs).  I have invested over $800.00 in buying 4 of arturias plug in's, And I wound up re-selling one of them because it just did NOT work right, The 3 remaining one's I have are still a bit buggy,one being the ProphetV. I hope there's some fix's soon.     Peace

andrewa

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2006, 02:45:23 pm »
I consider this a very serious bug - one of the main selling points for softsynths is multiple instances. I haven't even used my Prophet V - I immediately discovered this bug and it turned me off to this synth. This is too long to wait for a fix for a such a major bug - I wonder if it's really that hard to fix?

JWaltman

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2006, 11:40:02 am »
yes, same here. I just don't use it now, no point in getting it to know much better.

We NEED AN UPDATE FAST!

This problem was reported almost 4 MONTHS AGO!!!!

Does someone from Arturia actually read this forum??

voodu

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2007, 02:34:58 am »
I also don't use this synth. I only bought it a week ago, and might as well thrown $200 out the window. I emailed support 2-7-07 and have not heard a word from them yet. Certain patches completely freeze my host..Live 6.0.3 and I am using the most current Arturia update.

Due to the lack of care they seem to have about supporting customers with issues I am now very dedicated to educating all music forum member bases of my plight!!!

voodu

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2007, 05:07:34 am »
See, they don't even reply on public forums that prospective customers can see. I only wish I had read this forum before I bought the product. You may ask yourself, why is there no Prophet V demo? Hmmm maybe because the code is so buggy noone would ever buy it...hmmmm. That's okay we'll just blame syncrosoft:)

tonmanns

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2007, 08:47:30 am »
Hi,

I am new to the group, planing to buy the Prophet and the Jupiter :D

There IS a demo of prophetVS available in Version 1.1. It should work now, as the last demo didnīt.

Hope to hear you soon again,

greetings, tonmanns

guardner

• Beta-testers
    • Instagram
the same here...
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2007, 12:56:26 pm »
i posted this 6 month ago:
--------
Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: problems and crashes with prophet and logic 7.2     
hi all!

i have a lot of problems using my prophet...  
the sound is amazing and very very analog!!! great!!!  

but...
when i use the prophet in a song working a bit on it (song or prophet!), logic crashes!! i've tried it again and again.
my system is mac dual 2 ghz, 3.5gb ram, 2 lcd screens, rme hdsp audio with multiface, 2 firewire pci cards, duende, a lot of ext. firewire hds, emagic unitor mk2, novation zero sl, logic control.
software: logic 7.2.1, ableton live 5.2.1, a lot of third party plugins...

everytime using prophet for some minutes the color wheel appears on the screen. i have to force quit logic or sometimes i have to switch of the computer... i've never had this problem since i have installed the prophet... and the dongle... hmmm...  

regards,
marcus
-------

BUT nothing has happened!!! :(
i have a prophet on my harddisk and i can't use it!! :(

really bad!

greetings,
marcus
macOS 10.14.6, MatrixBrute, V-Collection7, Pigments, all FX and more...

AndersD

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2007, 03:25:19 pm »
There's no way I'm gonna buy another Arturia product nor recommend them to anyone.

I actually like the Prophet V a lot, but with only one instance without crackling noise, it's not much of a joy... :/

Come on, Arturia! We need an update fast now.

Thank you.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines