March 28, 2024, 03:04:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: HOW DO I USE THIS THING WITH ABLETON! (KEYLAB 49)  (Read 27553 times)

TruthTheGod

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
HOW DO I USE THIS THING WITH ABLETON! (KEYLAB 49)
« on: September 29, 2013, 11:19:42 pm »
I want to map the knobs/pads/faders to things in ableton, but I click on the MIDI Learn function in Ableton, and move a knob or fader and it doesn't map... ???

Dav1d

Re: HOW DO I USE THIS THING WITH ABLETON! (KEYLAB 49)
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 02:05:25 pm »
Is there any MIDI message send from the Keyboard?
You are using MAC or PC?

Walth

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 08:05:34 pm »
I want to map the knobs/pads/faders to things in ableton, but I click on the MIDI Learn function in Ableton, and move a knob or fader and it doesn't map... ???

In the settings, Midi tab, you should select "remote" as input for your keyboard's midi channel

Menu "Options", last item "Settings", on the dialog box that opens, you have some tab vertically on the left. Click on "Midi Sync" (3rd from the top).
Then you should see a list of Midi ports. Find the "Input" corresponding to your midi channel/keyboard. on the right hand side, you have 3 buttons (3 columns Track-Sync-Remote), On or OFF, the last on the right must be turned On in order for Ableton Live to accept your Midi Messages for any control learning.
Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 08:13:55 pm by Walth »

methos

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 01:35:30 am »
 Has anyone had luck with setting up a remote script?  I have triple checked all the settings for abletons  MIDI remote script but just won't work. I'm thinking it's a problem with the MIDI channel. although I've tried changing the channel from the keyboard and from the script.  I get the blue hand and even  MIDI activity being received but sadly nothing moves.

Anybody have any insight?  I'm thinking about returning this keyboard even though I love it. I feel it could have much better integration with any daw.

Jordan

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 12:24:14 am »
Having the same problem, been trying to get this to work for a couple months on and off. followed all instructions. the folder that it tells you to put in remote scripts doesnt contain anything that would seem to make a diffeance. The arturia keylab 49-61 shows up in medi sync. still nothing! I havnt found anyone that has said this has worked. Pretty weak Arturia. returning keyboard if theres no solution.

smokey jack

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 05:32:55 pm »
Was having the same problem when I initially bought KeyLab 49. Solved the problem under the "midi" tab within the "preferences" menu. Below all the pull down boxes, there is another section called "Midi Ports". Beneath "Midi Ports" are a bunch of "on/off" switches, and as long as your KeyLab is on, it should show up beneath there as both an output and input available midi port. Under the "Input:   KeLab49" row, toggle the "track", "sync", AND "remote" buttons "ON". The "remote" toggle switch gives you access to midi map the faders and parameters, and also use the drum pad. Seems like an easy fix so I hope this helps and fixes your problem. My biggest issue now has been trying to increase the sensitivity of the drum pad and changing octaves of the pads when trying to record beats. If you guys experiment and find anything out with these issues, advice would be greatly appreciated!

scbrown333

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2014, 10:09:53 pm »
Smokey Jack - did you happen to solve the pad sensitivity issue?  I fiddled around in the MIDI control program, but it didn't seem to change anything noticeable for mine.  Curious if you figured it out.  I don't want to keep having to pound on the pads.

smokey jack

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2016, 03:36:31 am »
Sorry for the long hiatus. I contacted a guy with Arturia to help with this issue. He instructed me to open the "MIDI Control Center" that comes with your Keylab software, then pick a different "curve" under the "Pad Velocity Curve" options. Then "Store to" a certain memory slot, and when you reboot your Keylab (or at your next use), press "Edit", "Recall" (#2 under the "Edit Parameters" section on your Keylab), and then use the value nob to select the specific memory you've already stored this different velocity curve to. I've played with it a little and haven't found an ideal setting. Still feel like I have to pound on the thing except under the "Constant" curve. This obviously sucks though because then you can't play notes lighter or harder. Hope this helps!

smokey jack

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2016, 03:40:38 am »
Anyone know how to make the drum pads map to an "Impulse" instrument in Ableton? I have the script that automatically maps a lot of "Bank 2's" knobs, faders, and pads to use as a standard ableton controller, and the pads work fine when on a drum rack, but cannot change the pad octaves in a sampler or impulse instrument. Let me know if you hear anything, thanks!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines