March 19, 2024, 11:24:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Turning off public and private ports in LOGIC X  (Read 4486 times)

Televisionwire

Turning off public and private ports in LOGIC X
« on: September 26, 2013, 05:38:58 am »
Hello Everyone...
I cant figure out how to turn off the public and private ports in Logic 10... my main problem iis when i record into logic using the Spark controller it does record MIDI info but nothing sounds when i play back the track, but there is midi info that has been recorded....
I am hoping this has somthing to do with turing off the ports.. it keeps on recommending i turn off the ports in my host sequencer (Logic X) but i cannot find them anywhere.
Thanks for the help!

Tele

Richarius

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Turning off public and private ports in LOGIC X
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 07:44:52 am »
Same thing for me earlier today before work.  (Being then ... only about 2 hours old with Logic, period.)

I remember seeing the GUI for doing such within Numerology and Ableton Live 9 Intro, but I can't for the life of me find that GUI for doing such, within Logic Pro X.

(It couldn't be something as simple as not having my Roland MIDI interface hooked up, could it?)

Thank you greatly for any pointers.

(Knowledge note: I've been an Atari ST (late '85 to '89) and then PC MIDI user since 1989.  I've just moved over to a Macbook Air as well as the above mentioned sequencer software, as well as the Arturia Spark, over the last weeks - learning everything. :o :) )

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 09:25:44 am »
Hi,
We are working on a tuto to help you.
Best
Ben Tester @ Arturia
.......testing.......

Richarius

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 05:28:46 am »
Thank you greatly for the notification Ben! :)

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 04:20:34 pm »
.......testing.......

Televisionwire

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 07:23:18 am »
Hello, thanks for making a tutorial! I just have a few questions.... How do you save the MIDI environment settings? do you have to create a new MIDI instrument in the environment every time you open logic if you want to use SPARK?
Also, When creating a new IAC Driver name should logic be closed or open? i could not click the "apply" button after creating and naming a new port for the IAC driver. the apply button simply does not act as though i can select it. ???

THANKS!!!

Richarius

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 08:25:34 am »
Thank you greatly Ben!  I'll give it a whirl in the morning! :)

Richarius

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2013, 11:34:54 pm »
Again Ben, thank you for that tutorial.  More than likely due to my communicating 'differently', in took my 3rd, 4th or 5th attempt just a few minutes ago, reading the error description in your tutorial as WELL as the MIDI/pads proclamation, again, to understand finally WHERE the MIDI port name was to be properly entered.
Logic and my Spark are finally, happily communicating. :)

photosinferno

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2013, 12:15:24 pm »
Hi,
I followed to tutorial alas I couldn't work out how to create a 'spark' public in connection, so hence I could record the spark midi to logic, but alas not send midi out to the spark
Also the IAC driver 'apply' button was greyed out.
I feel I'm doing something stupid here.
Anybody got an idiots step by step guide? As the tutorial PDF was a bit non specific at points.

Many thanks
John

RUDEboyBOH

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2013, 05:08:43 am »
I am having this same problem but with logic pro 9, I M not able to press apply on the IAC driver, and cannot find the public and private host.. where can i locate these
, i really want to record all the live data directly into logic.Where are my sequencers private midi in and out>/? thank you alot

RUDEboyBOH

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2013, 09:32:45 pm »
anyone have any insight, i don't want to return this gear but its been almost a month and i have to know if this is going to work.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines