March 19, 2024, 05:26:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: it is time for a new update!!!  (Read 18414 times)

u.n.i.t.e.d

it is time for a new update!!!
« on: September 25, 2013, 09:17:01 pm »
itīs now a long time ago since we get a real update (not just bugfixes) and i think itīs time to get a new one, to see that arturia still supporting the origin and not just all other soft/harware-synths.

my wishlist:
1.) Prophet 5 Osc & Filter Module
2.) Oberheim SEM Osc Module
3.) possibility to save origin-parameters wich are editet with an external midicontroller
4.) possibility to use all 1000 Sounds as User-sounds and not just 600

and if that is possible:
1.) Mg Modular Filterbank Module
2.) Steiner Parker Filter Module
3.) RSF Kobol Osc & Filter Module
4.) new effects
5.) the missing templates
6.) Elka Synthex Osc & Filter

hope that someone of arturia recognize that there are still many users out there, wich waits for an update
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 02:49:54 pm by u.n.i.t.e.d »

tertior

Re: it is time for a new update!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 11:20:44 am »

You forget in the last update 1.4 a new multi FX,  new sem filter, voice modulator and thonewheel percussion.
Now it's me who's speaking and it's my vision of buisness; the next update (1.5) will be the last of Origin and it's better to wait for a good update.
But as good as you are kind and patient there will be a 1.4.5  ;)

synthguy99

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 03:01:02 am »
I have to harp one more time on the CS-80 template.  While I'm not all that big on wanting templates, this time, it's really needed.  The synth engine begins to run out of steam when you try to build a full blown CS-80, and it usually won't play more than seven notes.  A template could be optimized a bit - hopefully, so that eight or more luscious notes will come pouring out.

The TAE analong modeling algorithm could stand a tweak too.  Most of the time, adding it just cuts polyphony, and can even sound a little worse.
One day, I want my keyboard studio to be a synth museum like Hans Zimmer's

p.s.  PRAY FOR THIS PLANET!!

kadolodai

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • The Caramel Incident
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 10:11:13 am »
a FM oscillator for me ;)

hermitnerd

• Paul Schilling
    • Soundcloud page with synth demos
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 05:37:06 pm »

VCS3 osc and filter, pretty please.   ;D  ;D

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 10:04:40 pm »
Hi,

Don't get my wrong, I have nothing against new modules or template(s).

BUT:  In my opinion, above all, Arturia should fix the Origin connection ASAP. Keeping your Origin organized is pain with it and it definetily should not be like that. For example, let's say you have a backup of a multi with 4 different programs and one of them (let's call it X) is your one favorite (many other multis use it). Now if you wanna import this multi to your Origin, what happens? First choise: you have to get a new empty place for this X, even if it is actually there already. Other choise: you overwrite same program (in Origin) with same preset. But in this case every existing multis will loose this X. Both cases lead to mess inside Origin and little by little everything get very messy. Same is with step seq patterns. It's true pain to keep it in order.

I am lucky to have two Origins, one at my home and other mostly on gigs.  I'd like to keep them close as possible to each other (= having similar preset library). This is very difficult with Origin Connection.

All this should not be that painful. In 200€ Microkorg editor/librarian is much much well organized and better made. And I am not even talking about any update inside Origin. It's about this only app which we got with our instrument...

(And yes, I've said this thousand times. But I feel I need to say this everytime when others want this and that new module etc.)

kadolodai

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • The Caramel Incident
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 11:03:28 am »
Arturia should fix the Origin connection ASAP

+1
(edit name of presets, dependencies betwen presets/multi/patterns, name for patterns, demo mode for ear the sound when you edit with connection,...)

otherwise, I'm pleading for a FM osc because I don't find any modular FM synth (hardware) like the FM8 of native... It's could open huge possibilities with a little module...

Superwaldi

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2013, 10:11:56 pm »
+1 Origin connection for improved and FASTER preset management

+ new modules

Moreover I want to see VST-Integration and an Mac Editor.

tertior

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2013, 07:46:03 pm »

one Twisted Waveform Generator
  one Complex Waveform Generator

and one Triple Morphing Filter
If 'its not possible, I'm ok for a VCS3 osc and filter like Hermitnerd. :P
and in last a CS-80 template. ;)

OlDirtyPastor

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Www.soundcloud.com/freelovefla
    • Www.facebook.com/freeloveassociation
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2013, 04:56:57 am »
This might seem like a no big deal complaint but for the longest time I've been waiting for an update that gives you more precise control over your bpm within the sequencer. What I've been told this is is called fine tuned bpm, in other words being able to dial up so etching like 132.4 instead of whole numbers like 132, 136 etc. you can clearly see that on the Origin it displays as though it's possible (bpm shows the decimal mark). It just boggles my mind that we haven't had a simple update that allows for this.

I'm begging you guys at Arturia, please make this a reality. Oh and a ARP 2600 template would be great too (when I bought mine I was very much looking forward to this and ultimately was disappointed).
My love doesn't cost a thing -
Www.soundcloud.com/freelovefla

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2013, 06:37:51 pm »
We can all express our own wishes here, but I think the most important question can only be answered by Arturia: Is there still some development goin on or planned for Origin? There was a time when Phillippe was practically only one doing it and he was also taking part to this forum conversation. And he did marvelous job with Origin. Now I think he has moved to other areas of Arturia development.

Speaking about Origin development I am little sceptical here. Hopefully I am wrong. Fortunately I have a marvelous instrument allready and I am very happy with (well, the the Big Knob issue bothets me).

Now it's time to hear from Arturia what's going on. Are we waiting for nothing?

« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 08:12:42 am by JacksonP »

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2013, 07:33:50 pm »
This might seem like a no big deal complaint but for the longest time I've been waiting for an update that gives you more precise control over your bpm within the sequencer. What I've been told this is is called fine tuned bpm, in other words being able to dial up so etching like 132.4 instead of whole numbers like 132, 136 etc. you can clearly see that on the Origin it displays as though it's possible (bpm shows the decimal mark). It just boggles my mind that we haven't had a simple update that allows for this....
I don't have my Origin here so I can't test it, but have you tried pressing the "Fine" button?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 08:17:07 pm by DrJustice »

u.n.i.t.e.d

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2013, 07:09:38 pm »
yes,some buchla modules would be a massive feature! ;D but this is probably to much to ask for. some logic-modules would also be a great feature. but i disbelieve that arturia give much attension to the origin :-\ itīs all about the money

Cord

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2013, 12:09:02 am »
I think Arturia is busy with their newest real analog creation. I think they moved on... :'(

hermitnerd

• Paul Schilling
    • Soundcloud page with synth demos
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2013, 02:21:32 am »

Read the writing on the wall guys...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines