March 19, 2024, 10:53:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: it is time for a new update!!!  (Read 18426 times)

goldenanalog

• Beta-testers
  • Apprentice
Re: it is time for a new update!!!
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2013, 04:09:28 am »

dear patrick, Origin is not dead and 1.5 will be the latest version.
Now the team Arturia,philippe do not know yet but it is inevitable.
Today Arturia returns money and thanks to first Storm users, who's dead.
But Origin is the first hardware and pending Origin two that will be it a digital analog modular, philippe mission will be to finalize the 1.5. and make Origin 2 (if it is not the retirement , I did not take it in my calculation of probabilities)
So, long life to  Philippe.
PS: Phillipe , you can ask to Fred a Augmentation.  ;)

Dear Tertior:

If you addressing me: thank-you! My name is Roger, actually!

The fact is that we in the Origin community *Love* our Philippe; but we *do* need his and Arturia's love back from time to time!

Want to think of something scarey? Consider the collective $$$ spent by Origin users on this forum.And consider the amount of waiting (and many very patiently) for Arturia to fix things and make good on promises it made now years ago.

And keep in mind that your competitor Access has supported every machine that they have ever made for years. Sure: natural bottlenecks w/DSP @ 100 MIPS, but I still have (and love) a Virus A.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 04:17:13 am by goldenanalog »

goldenanalog

• Beta-testers
  • Apprentice
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2013, 04:38:30 am »
So my plea is for strong consideration of us, your Origin-user base. Please understand that we are not typical $100 software synthesizer buyers, but many who are fortunate enough to have demanding jobs in professional media production environments.

In other words: I see us as best representation of the Arturia philosophy, for better or for worse.

We can either be Arturia's best friends, or their worst critics - which ultimately is up to Arturia itself.

If you have made promises to those of us who have spent many 1000's of dollars on your best product, then keep them! Or at least, do all that is humanly possible to treat your high-end clients as fairly and openly(!) as you possibly can!

Sincerely,

Roger H. aka goldenanalog
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 04:48:01 am by goldenanalog »

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2013, 12:02:38 pm »
Wait a second, who said there'll be Origin II…? Did I miss something or do you have kind of a secret knowledge here?

If I read it right, only thing Philippe said is that he's working on a new standalone hardware which has lot of software inside. This can mean almost anything…

P

P.S. but anyway, as said thousand times, I am a double owner of Origin and I wouldn't mind making it little more complete. To me this means working MIDI outs and better computer integration.

EDIT: now I saw a comparison to Access and their Virus support. I own a Virus Ti2 and to me their support isn't the best either. For example, TI has had same problems for years now. Somehow I think Access is denying all these problems and behave like they never existed. Total Integration is very far from total. I have several special problems in my Polar and Access have said to me that they won't fix them and not even try to check what's going on. Not very supportive support...
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 01:29:44 pm by JacksonP »

goldenanalog

• Beta-testers
  • Apprentice
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2013, 03:02:06 pm »
But Access periodically *is* still coming out with OS updates for the ti2/ti/snow and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. And as far as the total integration concept: that's a deeper cave that Access dug itself into then Arturia with our beloved Origin: hardware that looks and acts like a vsti ITB. While I agree that their track record for fulfilling their original spec is less then stellar, with the # of computer/ti configurations out there, it becomes exponentially more difficult to support then a 'pure' standalone.

I'll point out specifically that Access did not abandon the 'original' ti platform (replaced by the ti2), which seems to be the danger (at least perceptually) that the Origin One(?) faces. This is especially felt here when even some hardware issues still seem to go relatively unaddressed.

Let's also remember that there is a much greater # of ti machines out there, if you consider that Access really only makes one platform at a time, and that ultimately, each new platform is directly linked with the previous platform (A, B, and C) although the design spec for the ti takes it well out of the 'stand-alone' only concept.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 03:34:41 pm by goldenanalog »

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2013, 12:51:54 am »
IMO there's one big difference when comparing Arturia and Access, which both make great sounding instruments. Well, there are problems with both, but sound is great and that's why we use them, don't we?

Both are quite small companies (at least if you compare them to Roland, Yamaha etc.). But the main difference is that Access have just one product (well, put into few packages) when Arturia has all those softs, hybrids and digitals and real analogs. I must say I've always felt that Arturia is so busy to do new things that their products remain half-finished. Origin included. I am not sure that this is finaly the most wise business strategy. Of course, releasing new products keeps Arturia in the headlines but there's a downside too: there's also growing amount of people that say "I'll never buy another Arturia product". Personally I am NOT saying that but I've read it many many times on this forum and elsewhere too. And as we say (at least in my country) bad news spread much faster than good news. I too have my doubts when thinking about purchasing some new Arturia product: is it buggy like others? Do they support it?  How about hardware build quality? etc.

I agree with goldenanalog that with Access I have a feeling of continuity: their product(s) are made to last quite much longer. They aren't gonna release one product today and tomorrow the next one. Their business philosophy is Less Is More.

But time will tell what's the feeling of this small group of people here, Origin users. Are we left alone with dead product which is one unit after another getting more and more hardware problems and finaly we are told that there's no way to fix them. This is my biggest fear. I can live with my Origin(s), with these functions and features they now have, but it's the build quality which I am most worried about. Another thing is that I've seen how difficult it is to repair anything in a normal way. If an encoder gets broken you probably have to replace the whole board...

Well, after all these rather pessimistic thoughts, let's hope that Arturia will brings us some good news about Origin...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines