March 28, 2024, 01:16:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Great software instrument  (Read 10043 times)

Anonymous

Great software instrument
« on: August 11, 2006, 10:15:18 pm »
bought analog factory this week. what a fantastic great sounding instruments this is! I use a apple imac 2.0ghz and the analog factory runs smoothly! no problems at all.

now I donīt need my prophet v anymore!

cheers
killy

Gramarye

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 12:39:25 am »
I'm not one given to excitement over a product that does what it is supposed to.  However, I downloaded the demo of Analog Factory, installed it on my laptop and, with NO glitches whatsoever, began playing with it.  It works through the laptop soundcard(!!!), through Audigy, through Novation's X-Station and through M-Audio's Keystation PRO-88, all with no recognition problems, quite acceptable latency and astounding realism.  After less than an hour I ordered the full version and am anxiously awaiting Tuesday when it arrives.

I've only used it as stand-alone so far and would trust it for live performance as such with no qualms whatsoever.  I'm waiting on the full version before I try it as VST or RTAS and am most anxious to find out if it will work with Native Instrument's KORE.

If the other instruments in Arturia's stable are as superb as this demo has been, I'll have to start saving up for aquisition.  I'm almost afraid to download the demos of the other instruments.  I believe I'll wait a while on the Prophet and Mg until I've squeezed out the Analog Factory.

Great job, Arturia - I'll be back.

Peace

Gerrit

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Midi inputs
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 09:46:53 pm »
I use it with a PC laptop as well, but I can't assign external midi inputs. Did you try izt with a master keyboard? If so did you have problems selecting it as input?

I like the sound a lot, but would not buy it if I havent tried really playing it.

Gramarye

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2006, 11:00:16 pm »
The program lists all keyboards that are accessable (hooked up) but will only recognize the one checked in the midi and sound dialog box.  Selecting more than one keyboard doesn't confuse the program - it acknowleges the original selection.  I connect the keyboards to USB ports and I haven't tried to "midi-through" to see if two controllers can work at once (on different channels).  As only one instrument can be accessed at a time I can't see why I would need two keyboards for the same program anyway.

I've only used the demo in stand-alone mode rather than add a "demo" .dll to my plug-ins so I'm uncertain about the program under a DAW.  Once I receive the full product and install it I will check it out with ProTools and Sonar.  If the plug-in performance does as well as stand-alone mode this will probably become my soft-synth of choice due to its ease of use and wide choice of modifiable presets.

The controls on the X-Station can be set up to control the software so I would assume that any fairly recent controller would be able to as well.
I'm quite pleased with the program's stability so far.

Peace

chris_busch

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 09:01:27 pm »
I use the analog factory with logic 7. as a plug in it works fine and fast on my intel iMac. in terms of external midi equipment I play it with the m-audio o2 usb midi controller. also no problems here. you can sync all control knobs on your midi keyboard with the controllers in analog factory.

:D

Gramarye

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2006, 11:03:57 am »
O.K., still impressed with Analog Factory.  Installation of the full product went without a hitch.  I have latency problems using the laptop sound card that I didn't experience with the demo (??) but no problem using ASIO equipment.  My second minor gripe - the dongle.  I don't have enough USB ports on the laptop - my primary production station - to accomodate Analog Factory, Cubase SX and associated Steinberg plug-ins, Pro Tools M-Powered as well as the requisite M-Audio hardware, and Kore, not to mention the keyboard controllers - heaven forbid I get a TriggerFinger and Tranzport.  The industry has too many dongles already and none of them work reliably on a hub.  Enough ranting.  Even though the demo has these two preferences over the full product, I am still amazed at the quality of sound, diversity and sheer quantity of sounds.  This is an amazing sampler (forgive the pun) of vintage synths that would be massively expensive to own in hardware and not cheap to own in software.  Granted, tweaking is limited compared to other soft-synths, but for someone like me, who doesn't have the time to discover every nuance of every sound in the universe, implementation is adequate.  I've never written a review before but I consider this product good enough to share my experiences with the community.

Peace

plasmaflow

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Analog Factory failure with Cakewalk Sonar 5.2
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2006, 01:29:57 am »
I agree that Analog Factory has some great sounds but I can't get it to function as a VST instrument in Cakewalk Sonar Producer Edition 5.2 - Cakewalk will not recognize it as a VST instrument. Just a heads up for all Sonar users.

koma

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2006, 04:10:48 pm »
I just bought Analog Factory and the installation worked fine the second time. I find the dongle not a very good solution, especially Arturia's policy if u loose it u loose the software too. That's crap. They should get a challenge code system.
But the good point is: The sounds are great, I really love it. Just why is there no remote midi automation possible?? My mistake or is that function really missing? :roll:

umbriel rising

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2007, 03:08:36 am »
Cubase SX uses the same syncrosoft dongle as Analog Factory, you can have all your syncrosoft licenses contained on one key.

Agree dongles suck but most music software uses them, the Korg Legacy collection and many software playes based on sampletank or halion player such as Miroslav Philharmonik etc all use dongles. Just a sign of the times and so long as you don't have them lost or stolen, they are not so bad...

Relayer

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Analog Factory failure with Cakewalk Sonar 5.2
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2007, 09:14:28 pm »
Quote from: "plasmaflow"
I agree that Analog Factory has some great sounds but I can't get it to function as a VST instrument in Cakewalk Sonar Producer Edition 5.2 - Cakewalk will not recognize it as a VST instrument. Just a heads up for all Sonar users.

AF working fine with Cakewalk Sonar 6.2, shows up under VST Instruments.
ASUS P4 3.2 Ghz intel
1 GB RAM
ATI RADION 9600 AGP
LYNX 1 Audio card
UAD-1
Sonar 6 Producer v6.2
Wavelab 6
Edirol PCR-800 Midi Controller via USB

3rdeyepimp

importing instruments into storm 3.0 ie analog factory
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2007, 05:33:27 pm »
inside of storm i chose file then  i selected import new instrument chose analog factory and nothing happened.

if this is not the right instruments for storm then which ones are

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines