March 28, 2024, 01:10:45 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: playing chords with pads on the analog lab vst  (Read 9500 times)

rnqqnr1910

playing chords with pads on the analog lab vst
« on: September 24, 2013, 02:40:26 pm »
Hi

When i use analog lab as a standalone, i get all the chords i want to play when i hit the minilab pads. On ableton (i use live 8 ) when i try to do the same thing, it only plays the first 8 midi notes. I know that ableton's controls are defaulted to do that, but i can't figure out how to change that. I removed the ableton script, but my pads still play the first 8 midi notes on live even if i arm the track with analog lab on it. I can successfully load a snapshot, but the first 8 won't play the chords.

I can click the notes and the chords play, but since there is no midi note, live does not record it. I can't manually play the chords as well as i would like to, so i would very much like to be able to use the pads to play those. Is there a way i can midi map the chord settings on analoglab to the pads on the minilab when i have it up on live? If i have my minilab running analog lab on ableton the same way it runs as a standalone, that would be the ideal situation.

I think that the sounds on analog lab are incredible, and it would make me so happy if i were able to record them without having to get a bigger keyboard and learn how to manually play the chords on my own.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 07:35:22 pm by rnqqnr1910 »

ChrisAnVito

Re: playing chords with pads on the analog lab vst
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 05:44:55 am »
I have this question too.And i think that we could be very happy if this problem could be solved or this function could be able to use.
So pump up. ;D ;D ;D

twei55

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 08:58:36 am »
Any news here? I use the latest version of Analog Lab (1.1.0) under Mac OS (Mavericks) and playing chords with pads works great in Standalone Mode. Unfortunately it doesn´t work, when I use it as a VST plugin in Cubase. Anything I can do about it or is this a known issue?

memota

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 10:27:51 am »
I can't get this to work either. Please help!

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2014, 03:41:03 pm »
Hi all,

In order to play chords with Analog Lab you must send MIDI note on channel 10.
The MiniLab pad send on channel 10 but live transmit all on channel 1.
In order to have some chords with Live and Analog Lab you need to :
- create a new MIDI track with the MINILAB as midi input. Set MIDI TO on Analog Lab instrument track and track in on 10-Analog Lab.
- On your Analog Lab instrument track set the MIDI track previously created as MIDI input

You should have chords now !
.......testing.......

Reggie

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2014, 05:45:13 am »
Hi Ben, Chords don't seem to work on presonus studio one v2, I have attempted what you suggested, created an instrument track for analog lab, I setup a seperate instrument track for channel 10, routed it's output to analog lab but I'm still getting single sequential notes.

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2014, 08:48:12 am »
Hi Reggie,
I've been testing with Studio One 2 and this DAW seems to map all incoming channels on channel 1....
I've been unable to find a way to make chords work with this DAW sorry...
.......testing.......

lavin80r

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2016, 08:28:02 pm »
Has anyone found a fix for this? I'm trying to use the analog lab vst with FL studio and I'm having trouble getting the knobs and pads to register correctly. The best I've managed was getting the knobs working with relative mode, and the pads playing both the chords and the individual notes at the same time.

Placoma

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2018, 08:58:43 pm »
Hi all,

In order to play chords with Analog Lab you must send MIDI note on channel 10.
The MiniLab pad send on channel 10 but live transmit all on channel 1.
In order to have some chords with Live and Analog Lab you need to :
- create a new MIDI track with the MINILAB as midi input. Set MIDI TO on Analog Lab instrument track and track in on 10-Analog Lab.
- On your Analog Lab instrument track set the MIDI track previously created as MIDI input

You should have chords now !

Hi Ben, sorry but this is still valid? i just bought a Minilab and i can't find the snapshots nor the chord mode. I have a lot of doubts, where should i start? i have been reading all the manuals and watching the arturia channel on YouTube but still, for example, whats the difference between logarithm and exponential? where can i see the control map for Ableton? etc. thanks in advance!!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines