April 20, 2024, 10:48:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Beginner problems. SparkLE and Ableton Live 9, REAPER 3.76  (Read 2937 times)

MR. Riktr

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Beginner problems. SparkLE and Ableton Live 9, REAPER 3.76
« on: September 24, 2013, 06:46:40 am »
Hello,

I just started to make songs with my SparkLE. I have Ableton Live 9 and REAPER 3.76 for DAWs on Windows 7. I can't figure out how to use my SparkLE with these programs. Can someone dumb it down for me and make step by step instructions on how to get these to work together. This includes any hardware, software or anything else that might make it work. I have tried looking everywhere for answers and Im just not having any lucky. And when I say dumb it down I mean very simple step by step instructions because I am frustrated and tired of things not working together.

Thanks

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
Re: Beginner problems. SparkLE and Ableton Live 9, REAPER 3.76
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 08:34:54 am »
Hi MR. Riktr,
what do you mean exactly by "how to get these to work together"?

Do you know how to create a VST instrument inside these DAWs?

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

MR. Riktr

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 09:25:07 pm »
I thought I got it to work as a VST in REAPER but I keep getting error messages to turn off "Spark Private In" and "Spark Private Out" in my sequencer. I can't find where to do this. I have searched every bit of the programs to find it and no luck. Can you give me steps to follow to create a VST instrument? Because maybe I am just going about it the wrong way?

Also, how do I use my SparkLE in MIDI mode? On the Hardware it shows the light in which mode it is in and its always in Spark. How do I get that to switch that light over to MIDI mode? Do I have to run it in a DAW as an MIDI and it switches that way or what? I'm just completely confused.

Thanks

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 08:39:21 am »
Hi,
TBH I am not very familiar with Reaper, I will try to find how to disable the MIDI port.
To switch SparkLE in MIDI mode you have to press global Filter+Slicer+Roller at the same time.

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

MR. Riktr

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 08:35:30 pm »
Thanks for finding that out for me. Also, for letting me know how to get it in MIDI mode since my manual said nothing about that.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines