March 28, 2024, 11:34:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Vangelis sounds  (Read 4963 times)

seadragon

Vangelis sounds
« on: August 11, 2006, 04:44:34 am »
Attention Vangelis fans:

I just bought the CS-80V synth.  My main interest is in the sounds by Vangelis.  I would be interested in talking with anyone who has or is working on Vangelis sounds for the CS-80V.  I am working on some myself.

Since uploading files here doesn't seem to work, please send me an email at:

sea_dragon@sympatico.ca

We could potentially exchange presets and discuss further.  So far I have a pretty good reproduction of his famous guitar sound.

omissis

Vangelis sounds
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 06:24:40 pm »
Vangelis used presets mostly...unfortunately those on the V are not quite the same , both for a slight less quality in the square waveform and for a different velocity response which, on the original is more....responsive!
I badly wish they will revise the velocity response on the next version, that is what makes a CS be a CS ;)
Max

a CS-80Vist

Boulotaur2024

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Vangelis sounds
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 09:11:57 pm »
Yea I hope it's on their TODO list.

seadragon, in fact Arturia forum & Yahoo group are apparently the sole place in the internet where people share absolutely *nothing* presets-wise, that's something that struck me a few months ago when I discovered the V.

File upload was supposed to be allowed... and then... nada !

Really it's amazing to see that compared to Synth1 groups where there are loads and loads of banks available to download (and Synth1 is just an example).

Maybe the lack of presets has something to do with the poorness of conception of presets import/export in the V, but one has to admit that Arturia's not doing any particular efforts on its forum either.

Well, actually I did share a preset something like 3 weeks ago on the Yahoo Group, of a sound close to the lead you can hear on many Vangelis albums (like Hymn or even China with a bit of ribbon magic).
A mp3 'demo' is provided but it sucks so much when I listen to it again, my god, there are even bad  (wrong ?) notes :D

Do a 'Vangelis China' search on the Yahoo Group, I can't seem to link the topic right in here.

P.S : Max is there a topic here dealing about the ETA of the new V release ? Is it due soon ?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines